Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Family hates me AGAIN for pregnancy.

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:43 AM
  • 40 Replies

Hi everyone, i just wanted to get your veiws on this, is anyone has gone through this. This is my second pregnancy. And  my family want nothing to do with my again, same with my first pregnancy, they pushed me away and i got alot of words, and this time they are doing it again. They drove away my childs first father and he left me while i was 2 months pregnant. Then only they made peace with me after he left . After i gave birth to my first daughter i met someone and he's very good to us. my daughter also sees him as her father because her biological father wants nothing to do with her, not that i care. Im now expecting my second child from the guy im currently with and its starting over again, the good thing is he is with me all the way and has never left my side or has made me feel as if he want to abandon us. im almost 6 months pregnanct. Havent heard of my family since i gave them the news.Only bad words i received at first, especialy from my mother. She even threatend me telling me that she'll go to court and demand that the court cancels the payments im receiving for child support for my first born just because she wants to make my life hell. 

Now my question is, is it normal for a family to do that to you??And why.Please let me know if anyone has  ever gone through that?

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nduwie
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:52 AM
I fell pregnant @ 17 nd thr was prblms between th families,th father of my 1st born left me @ 4 months of pregnancy nd my son is turning 2 this year,I've nvr seen him again aftr he left
Well I found sum1 els too nd he's a good guy nd oops om preg again almost 5 mnths nd my family is fighting me again,I decided 2 move out coz I dnt wnt any complications
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicole2884
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:28 AM
So is it you or him that they dont approve of. Are you young. Or having a hard time financially. You don't need to answer my questions . But are just a few reasons why they maybe mad
She can't have your child support taken from you that's ridiculous
no not normal
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry they are giving you a hard time :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dienkies22
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Im almost 25, they did like him and approve of him and when i fell  pregnant he too was in the bad books. Also we are financialy okay we dont ask money from anyone so i dont know where the problem might be

xLilBit22
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Im sorry ur family is giving u a hard time.
brookesmama0230
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:38 AM
My family is similar just dont talk to them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EvilAsh
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

If they drove him away, he wasn't worth the time anyway. A real man would stay with you regardless of the family "pushing away." 

Why is your family doing this to you? Just because?

My husband's family hated me when I told them I was pregnant with our 2nd daughter because my husband's step sister just gave birth to still born twins the day before we got our positive test. She wasn't planned in the least, our oldest daughter was only 6 months old when I got pregnant. His family wouldn't talk to us for months because of this.

MaturingMommy
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:05 AM
With my first yeah his Bio father and family didn't want anything to do with my son and my family wasn't too happy and barely spoke to me.and my df (best friend.since.3rd.grade) is who my son knows as daddy. Fast forward 4 years. I am pregnant with my daughter and while my family wasn't happy at first, df family is super excited and love my son just as much as this baby. My family is trying to come around more but I think its cause.they feel.jealous I seem to have.found a.new.family.. I'm sorry you have to.deal with this :( try and keep your head up.
GoddessNDaRuff
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:33 AM
3 moms liked this
She can't get the courts to stop your child support. She's talking out her ass. You are better off without them in your life. Threatening you, trying to push your kids' fathers away, it's all about control. My evil ass grandmother is like that. She broke my mother and father up and tried to do it with me and my husband when I was pregnant with my first (before we were married and even tried for awhile after we were married). Cut them off. It may be temporary it may be permanent but that is the only way to break that controlling behavior and they may still try it when you allow them back in but always be prepared to cut them off again until they get it. I had to do it. It was hard but I won in the long run.
kimmie3577
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:04 PM

HELL NO  that is not normal your family speacially your mother shouldnt treat you that way. and she cant do anything about the child support you receive. it is the law the father of the child has to pay there isnt a darn thing she can do... im sorry you are going through this she should be happy instead of doing that... if that was me i wouldnt ever let them back into my life. that is wrong.. hope it all works out and im glad this guy is good and sticking by your side....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)