Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

am i the only one this prepared?

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:10 PM
  • 25 Replies
I'm 17 weeks found out I'm having a boy. And I have everything except bottles, which wont be needed until I return to work, and baby soap. I already have diapers, clothes, blankets, carseat and stroller, crib, sheets, hats, bibs, socks, and a swing. I think I have it all lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddiddlyumshis
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:11 PM
nope, we were pretty prepared when i got a positive being our youngest was only 6 momths, we still had everything!

we've bought gender specific items, but nothing huge because we already had it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kbear1992
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Lol nope I'm 32 weeks but we have had so much stuff since I've been about 25 weeks such as crib, swig, clothes, bouncer, pack and play, rocker and ottoman, dresser, bottles, wipes, diapers lol I think that's about it haha and many toys and blankets :)
Rain2Rinse
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm almost 23 weeks and I don't have anything but cloth diapers and onesies. I'm really in no rush to shop. Plus, my mil came over yesterday and said, "don't buy anything, let me do this!!"

I told her that we would purchase everything because we wanted specific things and she told me to just let her know what we decide on and she will take care of it.

All baby needs is his carseat to come home in. Everything else... Whatever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommynwife26
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I was pretty prepared with my youngest. We found out at 19wks what we were having, I had been buying diapers since I was 12wks along every paycheck, by the time I was 30wks i had everything we needed and more, had everything set up and washed by 32wks. We didn't have to buy diapers or wipes till she was 6mths old!

Maks1mommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:20 PM
I've got everything I'll need, but I'm 37 weeks lol.
MissRN
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:39 PM

I had everything we needed, and had it all set up in July lol, we decided in the beginning of July that we would TTC in October so I've been completely ready since three months before we got preggo, or a whole year before baby's due date :) it helps that this Is baby #2 so I knew what I needed more of for the new one and had other things already. 

mrsniebo
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:11 PM

We're expecting our second baby, so most of the nursery was all set up (although DD was using the nursery for about the first 3 months of my pregnancy). I hope I'm not forgetting any of the basics at this point, since I'm now 4 days past my EDD.

SMDufour
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:32 PM

I'm 20 weeks and we have everything.  My DS is 15 months so we still have everything from him, but all the extras like - crib, receiving blankets, etc, I have boughten recently.  Plus this one is a boy too so I have all the clothes as well for the first 3 months (then I will have to get some new stuff because seasonally the baby won't be able to wear the clothes).  I think it's a nice feeling to be prepared!

virgochild79
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:43 PM

I haven't had a baby since 2006 so I have nothing. I started buying Onesies for him and I have a few blankets but as far as carseat, stroller, diapers, no. All that will come before he does.

heartagram_girl
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:47 PM

My car seat came in the mail last week. That just leaves the litle things- first aid kit, grooming kit, bathing stuff, coconut oil, etc. Waititng to see if anyone gives me the cloth diapers I want for my baby shower!

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)