Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

confession have not taken prenatal vitamins whole pregnancy

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:43 PM
  • 30 Replies
Should i be worried...i felt they made me sick plus im scared to death to swallow pills so i stopped taking them at the beginning .....im due in a few weeks and worried that will take a toll on his health....
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cynthje
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:59 PM

I never took prenatals (i did take folic acid) and my babies are fine but i know i eat a very healthy and well balanced diet so i felt that for me it was no big deal. 

Whats your diet like?

july09baby
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Quoting Cynthje:

I never took prenatals (i did take folic acid) and my babies are fine but i know i eat a very healthy and well balanced diet so i felt that for me it was no big deal. 

Whats your diet like?

im going to be honest not the best....i eat fruit here and there ..lots of meat and junk food things ive been craving
RaLeighsMommy11
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:07 PM
They make gummie vitamins or you can take regular flinstone vitamins & it will be ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddiddlyumshis
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Meh, i never took em. i took flintstones vitamins instead. easier on my stomach and i remember to take em cuz my son asks for one every morning lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cynthje
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Can you try to change your diet? i am not talking about counting calories and crap like that but just upping your veggie and fruit intake ( and protein)! I never had cravings so i have no clue to be honest.

Honestly unless you can change and eat al ot of veggies/fruits and protein i would probably try to force the vitamins :(

Quoting july09baby:

Quoting Cynthje:

Whats your diet like?

im going to be honest not the best....i eat fruit here and there ..lots of meat and junk food things ive been craving

Throughout the world, there exists a group of women who feel mightily drawn to giving care to women in childbirth. At the same time maternal and independent, responsive to a mother's needs, yet accepting full responsibility as her attendant; such women are natural midwives. Without the presence and acceptance of the midwife, obstetrics becomes aggressive, technical, and inhuman.

Professor G.J. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam

sonemi828
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:37 PM
I have 4 kids and I never took my vitamins either. They made me sick. All my kids were healthy when born and are now 16, 14, 9 & 2 and healthy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:42 PM
2 moms liked this
Whatever happens the damage has been done. Spina bifida is the big concern. The prenatal vitamins make me sick too but my baby's health is more important than my discomfort.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AthenaGrace
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:42 PM

I didn't take any either. I wouldn't worry unless you know you don't eat a balanced diet. I keep really good track of my diet, so I'm not worried. If you aren't getting the nutrients from your food, then you really should be taking a supplement of some kind.

Lsilvamom
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:05 PM

I took them with my first two, they were and are taller than normal and healthy. My third son I didn't take them bc it made me sick and he was smaller than the other two. He's still healthy like the others but my husband thinks its because I didn't take them. This one is like that too. I get sick when I take them. But my doc said I could take the gummies so that's what I'm going to do. But you only have a few weeks left. You could still start taking them and maybe eat more fruits and veggies. Is always better for the baby anyways. 

LiquidLuck
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:20 PM

I don't take them regularly. I don't eat terrible but I don't eat very well either. I always always always took them with my first two and I took them every single day until about 8 or 9 weeks with this one but I had horrible morning sickness from 5 weeks to 15 weeks and after a few weeks I just couldn't take it anymore. I started taking a folic acid pill once a day but I couldn't remember those for anything! Now I'm not in the habit of taking my prenatals so I always forget them. I probably average 3-4 a week. If I can't remember if I took one that day or not I just eat an extra bowl of raisin bran, lmao.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN