Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

it itches... it itches!!! (must scratch!!!)

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:35 AM
  • 6 Replies

I am 14 weeks and my belly itches so much sometimes and also my boobs that I just have to scratch them!! I think I'm getting stretch marks. OH Oh!!! :( is there a way to make the stretch marks to go away? And stop myself from scratching. Please let me know! Sometimes I forget to scratch. And I do it also in the middle of the night while I'm sleeping. ugh this is not good. I think this is more of a habit now.

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KayelynnsMama
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:36 AM
2 moms liked this

Use lotion.. But scratching wont cause stretch marks.

jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Once you get stretch marks you cannot get rid of them. You can use cream after to lighten them but completely vanish I don't think. It is ok it happens it comes with having a child for most women! Use a lot of lotions like co co butter or vitamin E or any thing that increases skins elasticity!

I had twins my first pregnancy and I got light stretch marks all over at first it was upsetting but I am a small girl and I knew it was bound to happen. This pregnancy I'm no longer worried about it because the little person you get in the end is so worth it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
-Rose-
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Lotion! Lots and lots of lotion!!
For the stretch marks you already have there is palmers cocoa butter massage cream for stretch marks it does work on reducing them if they are light.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:17 AM

With my first I did not get any stretch marks till 37 weeks and I itched way before that and have with all mine. My belly always gets itchy as it starts to stretch out. I just lathered up the lotion with vitamin E in it.

Stretch marks will come not matter what you do if you are going to get them.

rbailey2414
by Rachel on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:20 AM

stretch marks do not go away ;) Just put lotion! It is belly and boobs stretching :)

virgochild79
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:25 AM

OMG, not another "paranoid about stretch marks" post. 
You CANNOT prevent stretch marks, you CANNOT get them from scratching. You can use lotion, oil, lube, cream, motor oil, cocoa butter, butter, margarine, vaseline, cooking oil, paste and whatever else you want to slather on your skin to "get rid" of them but it's not going to happen. Either you're going to get them or you're not. If you're itchy,,,,,MOISTURIZE!!!!

eye rolling

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured