Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you really?

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:49 AM
  • 29 Replies
So I want to know can one really call it an unplanned pregnancy! I was one of those woman who always said that it can't be unplanned when you knew exactly what you were doing.. Today I am pregnant and I can full out say that this was planned seen that me and baby's daddy was sober minded and knew exactly what we were doing..so I'm wondering and I am picking on no one here...unless you were drunk and unless you were raped can you really call it an unplanned pregnancy having full minded sexual intercourse with no contraception and knowing what are the stakes and what are the risks..I mean we have all been schooled about it and its all over the media...so once that test hit positive after sexual intercourse without contraceptives cannot be called a unplanned pregnancy...just thinking out loud ladies!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:05 AM
Yes you can have an unplanned.... my parents used condoms and had me then planned by brother... my mom and stepdad and a condom oops but lost the baby and planned their first two together then had an oops and had their third.

Dh and I planned both our children.

I think people assume it won't happen as it didn't in the past so they can be careless. Others fall for the "I can't have babies". Some are just not fully educated. My parents never told me about puberty or sex, and school taught about stds and waiting until your married...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heartagram_girl
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:30 AM
1 mom liked this

DH and I both knew what we was doing at the time. We were both sober. But it was unplanned in the way that we wasnt expecting it- almost 2 1/2 years of marriage and not one pregancy and now all of a sudden, there were the 2 lines on the stick. But we are super excited and couldnt ask for a greater gift or experience.

CafeMom Tickers
Rain2Rinse
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:40 AM
I think that everyone is aware that the only true form of prevention is abstinence. Using other methods, such as the pill, condom, IUD, whatever, people are accepting and taking responsibility for the fact that no matter how slight, there is a chance that they may get pregnant.

Maybe one doesn't want it to happen but it isn't completely accidental, either.

ETA: our baby was planned
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mushmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Planned means trying to get pregnant. You can have sex without trying to conceive. I get where you're coming from but I think that's more "unexpected" rather than "unplanned".
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Yes you can have an unplanned pregnancy. You were using protect and yes you had sex. But that was not your intent of sex. So it is unplanned, because you were not having sex for that intent. You were using precautions.

Yes you know that anytime you have sex you can get pregnant. We know it happens not matter what kind of protection you use. But at that time you were not trying for a baby. So there for it was unplanned.

Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:42 AM
2 moms liked this

I had twins....that was UNPLANNED.

MariaGentle
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Lol! I bet it was!

Quoting Bethbeth:

I had twins....that was UNPLANNED.

-Rose-
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:57 AM
It is possible to get pregnant properly using any method of birth control. I know most women on here don't believe that, but just look up the failure rates of BC, it may seem low - some methods have a failure rate of 2 in 100 yearly, some have up to 5 in 100 yearly, but there are thousands and thousands of women on BC, so that failure rate can be pretty high if you think about it.
Of course anytime you have sex, there is a chance you will end up pregnant, but that doesn't mean it is planned.
mommytomcd
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:49 AM

our 3rd was unplanned/unexpected i had my tubes tied after our 2nd child was born and 3yrs later found out i was pregnant with #3 he was born 3/3/13 this time i had my tubes taken out so hopefully im not the small percentage that can get pregnant w/o tubes

goddiddlyumshis
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:50 AM
yup, this baby was unplanned. we wanted to wait at least 5 years, which is why i got the mirena.... lo and behold, i fell pregnant when DD was 6 months old.
we took the proper precautions to avoid it, and it happened. so yes, unplanned.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured