Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

My 3rd baby...but WTH is this?! May be tmi

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:31 AM
  • 7 Replies
Yes, this is my third pregnancy so things should be pretty clear for me now. However, I'm not sure how "normal" this is. I woke up this morning with the worst burning pain and pressure in my vaginal area. If any of you have had a bad UTI, it kinda feels like that. Also cramping in my stomach and back, but with no real pattern. So, what do you think? Bad UTI or early signs of labor? I'm only 35 weeks today. And yes, I'll call the dr if it gets too bad but I wanted other opinions before calling an waking him up on a Saturday morning.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
cadkins07
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Utis can cause early signs of labor I let one sit to long at 32 weeks an I went into labor cause me to have steroid shots an bed rest
mommy1008
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Oh my, well I definitely don't want her out yet although I'm miserable! I'm going to try soaking in the bath tub for a few to see if that relieves any of the pain or pressure.

Quoting cadkins07:

Utis can cause early signs of labor I let one sit to long at 32 weeks an I went into labor cause me to have steroid shots an bed rest
cadkins07
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Careful, I was told baths with things in them like scents or bubbles or ssalts will make the uti worse

-Rose-
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:26 AM
If it is a uti cranberry juice always helps me
LizzieAnnesMom
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Try an urgent care. Utis are serious, they can lead to kidney infections, which if left untreated cause kidney failure. If you have a uti you need to get a round of antibiotics asap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsLondon
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Drink lots of water and pick up some azo cranberry pills until you can get to the doc.

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Could be prodromal(false) labor, the burning could be a UTI or "changes" happening downt below.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)