Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Differences in first & second pregnancies

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:57 PM
  • 30 Replies
If you felt drastically different your second time around from the first (i.e., a ton of "morning" sickness the first time vs very little the second time), was your baby's sex different from the first? I was so sick when I was pregnant with my daughter. Now I'm 11 weeks with my second and definitely had some stomach ickiness but it's done and over with already. And I wasn't nearly as sick, only threw up a handful of times. It's making me think I'm having a boy. You think there's any truth to that?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommiesPNut
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:17 PM

With my first, I had zero morning sickness, zero heartburn. 

With this one, I had horrible morning sickness that started before my missed period and lasted till 13 weeks. Now that I'm toward the end of the pregnancy, I get heartburn/acid reflux every night before bed. 

Im carrying high and all out front with this one, just like I did my last. 

I had more enrgy with my first and this one is kicking my butt.

BOTH ARE BOYS. 

sfank
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:21 PM

This is my second and we don't know what we're having but I have a friend who had two polar opposite pregnancies and she has two girls. 

Devious103102
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:34 PM

DD1-Morning sickness all 9 months starting at about 8wks, though it was on "schedule" (right after lunch every day no matter what I ate) so it wasn't a huge bother. My cravings were mainly sweets/junk food (soda, coffee, ect), potatoes (made any way) and chinese food. I had great energy. I went to sleep at 9 every night, was up at 6 every morning and I slept GREAY! Heart burn in the end (last 15wks) no preterm labor (or any other complications), not even a BH or contraction till the day I was induced.

DD2-was the night to DD1's day.  I had a little morning sickess from 4-6wks then it came back in the 2nd trimester (around 13-14wks) and lasted till I was about 27-28wks. I was sick every single day, several times a day and ended up in the hossy with IV's for dehydration due to it twice.  At 28wks started having contractions and by 30-32wks I had labor stopped for the first time and was already dilated 2.5cm and put on bedrest, labor was stopped 3 more times after that before I hit 36wks. My cravings were chinese food, pizza and pepeprs (which went with the chinese food and the pizza as well). I slept HORRIBLE. Maybe about 2-4hrs a night (broken) and was only able to sneak in a 1-2hr nap during the day.  I had little to no energy at all during the pregnancy. 

MsGrayciesMommy
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:39 PM
My first pregnancy was amazing. I felt great! No sickness and no aches or pains. I had a girl.

This pregnancy I'm sick 24/7. Only 21 weeks and can barely leave the house because walking and being up and about hurts. Its horrible. Its another girl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmylilbean
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Mine were completely different, both girls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DKk0531
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Idk if i truly believe in that. With dd i was horribly sick the entire preg...i was really really bad. With this one definitly some ickyness going on but no where near what it was with dd. My mom was sick with me but she was worse with my brothers, she was in and out of the hospital every few weeks with them. She told me her longest stay was three weeks with my brothers. So idk if i really believe that morning sickness is worse with girls but i guess anything is possible
SMDufour
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:16 PM

With both pregnancies I was sick from 7-11 weeks from 10am until I went to bed.  With this pregnancy i am carrying very high, and with my first I was low.  I am super tired with this one (probably from lack of sleep and chasing around a 15 month old all day!).  With my first I gained the bulk of my weight in the first 5 months, with this one I gained maybe 5 lbs.  They are both boys....

mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:27 PM

My symptoms were pretty similar with both pregnancies, but I've got one of each gender.

LilliesValley
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:32 PM
I didn't have any ms with dd but this time (I'm ten weeks) I'm sick as a dog, ms all day long. My sil all had that when they were pregnant with boys and it lasted the entire pregnancy, so I'm wondering if I'm pregnancy with a boy. Several more weeks though until we find out.
-Rose-
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:32 PM
All three of my pregnancies have been a little different but they are all girls.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN