Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Anyone heard of this or done it?

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 5:38 AM
  • 24 Replies
My doula had like 11 hours of labor & stopped progressing so they gave her Pit.
She labored & progressed then for 5 more hours before her daughter came WITHOUT an epidural or pain meds.
Everytime I've read or heard of getting Pitocin the women all say it hurt so bad they had to get an epidural.

Anyone else able to make it several more hours with Pit & NOT get anything for pain?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 5:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NDADanceMom
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:18 AM
No
YOCISS
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:48 AM
ME..!! AND IT HEARDS SOO BAD..!!
unspecified42
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:52 AM
I did a pitocin induction with no epidural. I got one dose of IV medication about 10 or 15 minutes before I delivered. Honestly, that labor wasn't as bad as my last (completely natural) labor and delivery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadeTigr7
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:58 AM

I was induced with my 3rd.  I didn't get any type of pain relief in labor.  My labor lasted for 3 1/2 hours. I did not get pain relief on purpose.

xredstarsx
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:02 AM
I spent over 30 hours on pit before getting an epidural. I hated both pit and the epidural. I ended up having c sections. But if I had the choice I would have home water births.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bad_mama2011
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I've heard of women being induced and not having any pain meds, but it is a lot worse than natural labor pains. They induced me using citotec and pitocin with my last baby and it felt like my uterus was being ripped apart from the inside out, I was screaming like a mad woman.

After that, I said NEVER again unless there is a legitimate medical reason I have to be induced. I didn't get an epidural, but I had that other one to take the edge off after about 12 hours of labor to help me sleep because I didn't sleep at all the night before, but I still didn't sleep because I was still in pain and it wore off quickly. The last two hours of labor were brutal.

lillucky8
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I dont think its the pit that hurts, its the actions is causes your body to make. It forces labor along faster than your body is wanting which makes it painful. Im sure its possible to labor with pit and no pain medicine but it may in fact be more painful than laboring on your own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
40sandPreg
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I've just read & have heard about the needing to push & being told to push & not being able to properly because of lack of feeling.
My doctor is insistent on a 39 week induction since I'm 42, and this is my 1st & only so I'd like to not have an epidural, but I don't know what my pain threshold will be until it happens.
ittyprincess604
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Meeee! I was induced, on Pit for hours, and never used any type of pain meds. Well the hospital I delivered at was small and didn't even offer and epidural. It hurt, very badly lol but I made it through, like I'm sure most do lol
brittany208
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I was induced with pitocin and my labor really wasn't that painful. I remember thinking the contractions werent as bad as menstrual cramps.

I did take nubain--but it wasnt really that it hurt too bad, I just started freaking out and didn't know why. And my DH kept saying "take something. take something!" bc seeing me in pain was freaking HIM out (he was much more traumatized by my labor than I was, lol) I didn't know that it is natural to start to panic a little during transition. If I had known that... I probably could have pushed through. This time I hope to go 100% natural.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)