Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Avocado and Banana smoothie? Try it! It's really good, and good for your baby (bonus)!

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:29 AM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

Avocados provide nearly 20 essential nutrients, including fiber, potassium, Vitamin E, B-vitamins and folic acid. They also act as a "nutrient booster" by enabling the body to absorb more fat-soluble nutrients, such as alpha and beta-carotene and lutein, in foods that are eaten with the fruit.

Just one banana is loaded with vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber. In fact, one large banana contains 25 percent of the recommended daily intake of vitamin B-6, 20 percent of the vitamin C requirement and 14 percent of your potassium needs.

I just made an avocado and banana smoothie for myself and my husband because he wanted to try it...It sounded really weird to me, but it was actually really good! It was a nice surprise and I felt good about trying it because I know that avocados are a "super food" and the smoothie would be good for my growing baby. I will definately be drinking some of this when I am breastfeeding as a nutrient/calorie booster. Just thought I would share this with you ladies if any of you are looking for an easy way to boost nutients in your diet.

Here's the link if you would like to try it :)
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by Emerald Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:21 AM

mmmm!   I have heard of avocado ice cream (dairy-free), yah I will try this!

MamaScho88
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:22 AM

I wanna try the avocado cheescake I saw with a rasberry drizzle on top mmmmm!

tanper29
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Avocados r awesome. I put them in smoothies instead of milk or any dairy. My husband hates avocados. He never knew they were in the smoothies. I also like to eat them as is.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
la_sirena22
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:39 PM

That sounds yummy! Maybe just my whacky pregnant taste buds :)

Devious103102
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:56 PM

I LOVE avocado's and eat half of one almost daily (whenever I can find a good one) but I can't stand banana's (preg or not). 

MamaScho88
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 4:48 PM

I have found other avocado smoothies that have blueberries or mangoes...maybe try one of those? I am gonna play around with different recipes, I dont care for avocados but was so surprised at how good this smoothie was :)

Quoting Devious103102:

I LOVE avocado's and eat half of one almost daily (whenever I can find a good one) but I can't stand banana's (preg or not). 

AthenaGrace
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:41 PM

I love avocados and I love smoothies, and I've been able to stomach bananas these past few weeks(only in smoothies though)...but this sounds pretty gross to me. Maybe I will try adding berries or something. 

MamaScho88
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol it sounded gross to me too, only reason I tried it is because my husband wanted to try it and I made it for him. Glad I did now.

Quoting AthenaGrace:

I love avocados and I love smoothies, and I've been able to stomach bananas these past few weeks(only in smoothies though)...but this sounds pretty gross to me. Maybe I will try adding berries or something. 

Italiancouture7
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:02 PM

I LOVE avocado's and I make fresh guacamole often. But idk about an avocado and banana smoothie.. It sounds kind of gross? lol I don't know why. And that's coming from a girl who loves green smoothies (with spinach and anything else I can add like bananas, yogurt, etc.) But I cant really knock it til I try it!

KeiraRose
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Ok that sounds really weird but I'm willing to give it a try. Avocado is my favorite fruit and banana's are good too so I'll try it and see how it goes. Do you taste more of the sweet banana or the avocado??

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN