Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

epidural experience!!! go.....

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:05 PM
  • 68 Replies
Technology is an amazing thing..I was having intense contractions. I was in the hospital obviously, so I remember being cold and a little overwhelmed by the pain. In fact, my parents came to visit me while I was laboring and for some reason I don't even remember it. Once the epidural kicked in, the difference was like night and day. They gave me the epidural, covered me up in blankets and it wasn't long before I was in heaven. I was relaxed, warm, and there was no more pain. I was able to get some sleep and await my baby. I admire women who have given birth naturally. In fact, many of my friends/family members have done it. But for me, it was amazing to be able to just make the pain go away. I didn't see any reason to suffer if I didn't have to. My baby came quick, the birth was amazing and pain free. My daughter was alert after birth, eyes open. Neither of us suffered any side effects. I def. Do plan on getting it this time as well...how was your guys experience.
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DerDer528
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Mine sucked! And I probably wont get another one.. unless I just can't take it. I am very pain tolerant but the first time I was to scared tod feel the contractions.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kilahchaos
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I had two amazing natural births.... so I couldnt tell ya!

toopicky429
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:16 PM
I had an epidural with my first. I developed a hotspot, and only half my body was numb. My second child came too fast to get an epidural, and it was a better experience. The first wasn't bad, but my second was better. I don't think I'll get an epidural again.
july09baby
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Quoting kilahchaos:

I had two amazing natural births.... so I couldnt tell ya!

kudos to you brave mommy....any kind of pain im like where's the meds...those contractions were kicking my but for two hrs..i couldn't take it anymore.
Jen4boys06
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:22 PM
I had 4 episurals. I will get one this time too. I love being able to relax. Plus I dilate faster once I get the epidural
LiquidLuck
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I had one epidural and one natural birth. Will choose natural birth over epidural any day! That epidural made me feel nasty. Natural birth? Helloo rush of amazing hormones that make me feel powerful.

mommaslilmen
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:28 PM
I've had 2, both worked to take pain away. Downside to my second was I was induced for neing non-stop itching to a point I would make myself bleed (not pbleed...side effect of an epi us more itchiness which I got. As soon as my son was born and before I really held him I was begging for a shower to make my itchiness go away
MelKGriffin
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:40 PM

I had an epi with my first, and I was not a fan.  It certainly did it's job, I couldn't feel a thing.  But that also meant I couldn't really feel it when I needed to push.  And oh my god, the back pain was horrendous.  I was sitting around with a heating pad for a couple of weeks after the epi.  I went drug free with my second and it was SO much easier (for me).     

doulala
by Emerald Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Quoting july09baby:

I didn't see any reason to suffer if I didn't have to. 

There are plenty of safer alternatives--   nice to be aware of this so you can enjoy your labor without adding unnecessary risks.

;-)

GL!

rozenshyao
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:48 PM

oh gosh..the pain..labor at first was few minutes apart and all of a sudden it went one contraction right after another so close together i wanted to scream and cry! I had fake nails and i held on to my husband forearm so tight, he was hitting my hand to tell me to let go and i would NOT until i got my epidural. I didn't even feel the needle go in because the contraction was SO intense for me. once the epidural started working, oh god, i was HAPPY! i even said "god bless you" to the man who gave me the epidural! the only side effect i had was itching belly but other than that i was fine. my son was born about 4 hours later. I was dilating very quickly! my son was very alert but the next day he slept all day long i had to wake him to feed him. i am definitely going for epidural again when i go into labor with my next child coming in September. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)