Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How many wks were you at your first OB app???

Posted by   + Show Post

my DR dont want to see me til 8 WKS.... is this normal? this is my first pregnancy and im worried

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Replies (31-40):
MamaScho88
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this

It's norml to be seen at 8 weeks...I had my first ultrasound at 6 weeks with all of my kids (first pregnancy it was because I was young so I had ore ultrasounds than normal, second third and fourth pregnancies is because I have had 2 miscarriages in the past and have progesterone issues at the beginning of my pregnancies, most women dont have their first ultrasound until 12 weeks to confirm dates) I had my first appts for all of my kids at 8 weeks...during this pregnancy (my 4th and last) I switched back to my old OB because my the stupd doc wasnt going to see me until I was 13 1/2 weeks even with the issues I was having being on medication.

newmomtx
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM

well dnt be thats normal for some docts to do that....my first ob appt i went to i found out i was 6wks preg and cried the whole way hm...now im 4mnths and get seen every 2wks so be patiant and dnt do alot of stressinng ok just ow that ur going to have a healthy baby and its a blessing

Jessica120911
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:19 PM
With my first and with this one I didn't get in til I was 11 almost 12 weeks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes that is norma. My first I saw the midwife at 4 weeks. More was for my comfort. I had a miscarriage 6 months before her. So I just needed someone to talk to. She was there for me. My second saw my midwife at 9/10 weeks and my third we saw her at 12 weeks. But she was there if I needed her before that.

DKk0531
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:28 PM
My first it was 10 weeks. This one my first appt is next monday and i will be just about 9 weeks.
RedheadMama18
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:02 PM
12 weeks
FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Unless you're having complications you don't need to go in before 8 to 10 weeks. Some women freak out when they go in too early to see anything on the ultrasound. They aren't as far along as they thought or see an empty sac because baby is too small. Always have a second opinion if they tell you there is nothing there. I can't stress that enough! Some women have been duped into taking meds because an unknowing doc told them they miscarried when baby was growing perfectly, just too small to see.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Becky.Mom.of.2
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Can't remember w/ first
2nd-13 wks
3rd-8 wks
4th-6 wks

Going in at 8 weeks is the general norm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chelseafirst
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:51 PM
I will be 12 weeks
careyphotoo
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:54 PM
12-13 weeks for my first
5-6 weeks for this one but that's because we didn't know how far along I was
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN