Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I'm very anxious and just need to vent a little! *Edit

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:41 AM
  • 11 Replies
So we JUST found out we are expecting again. I'm four weeks two days, VERY EARLY. The issue is that we had been ttc for 15 months, I miscarried 5 months ago. I was 6 wks pregnant and less than a week away from my first prenatal appointment. Now I'm just really nervous and anxious about it.
The time I miscarried I barely had any symptoms except my breasts were sore and getting bigger, and I was a little more tired than usual. I was crappy, but not like a period or anything, just stretching.
This time I'm analyzing EVRYTHING. My boobs have not hurt this bad IN MY LIFE! I'm constipated(sorry), I keep getting tension headaches around 3pm until I go to bed. I get VERY moody around dinner time, and I'm hungry all the time. I feel like I just can't get enough to eat and its ridiculous. I made chicken and dumplings last night so I could have it for lunches this week (can't have turkey sandwiches anymore lol) and I just made a bowl and had to spit it out! Bad food aversion all of the sudden.
Sorry this is so long, I'm just really nervous! I needed to get it all out. I fell much better. Thanks to anyone who reads this short story lol.

Edit- My OB called, and he scheduled me in to have my progesterone and hcg checked tomorrow, I'll get results Friday. So hopefully it will ease my mind. My first appt. is April 10th.
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:43 AM

I think your emotions are getting the better of you- I'm sure things are just fine! Maybe your doctor can get you in around 6 weeks or at least track your hcg to ease your mind until you're farther along.

sjenkins8208
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Quoting Pandapanda:

I think your emotions are getting the better of you- I'm sure things are just fine! Maybe your doctor can get you in around 6 weeks or at least track your hcg to ease your mind until you're farther along.

Thanks. I tried calling today, and they're closed from all the snow. Im trying to just keep calm.
LuvNmyGrl
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Good luck! I've had 7 miscarriages and I'm 7w now and I freak about everything. I had mild symptoms but they are mostly gone now. It's 80 degrees here so no snow to worry about lol. I'm calling dr to see if I should worry. I always try to keep myself busy so I don't have time to dwell on things. I saw baby and heard the heartbeat last Wednesday
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
newmomtx
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:08 PM
2 moms liked this

i understand where ur coming from.. im 4mnth preg and freaked out because after not being preg 10yrs then finding out that i was really FREAKED me out but i send u my blessing and hope u have a beautiful healthy child

sjenkins8208
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Quoting LuvNmyGrl:

Good luck! I've had 7 miscarriages and I'm 7w now and I freak about everything. I had mild symptoms but they are mostly gone now. It's 80 degrees here so no snow to worry about lol. I'm calling dr to see if I should worry. I always try to keep myself busy so I don't have time to dwell on things. I saw baby and heard the heartbeat last Wednesday

I'm sorry and fx with this one. I hope to make it that far at least! I'm hoping my OB will let me come in closer to 7wks instead of 8 wks.
CourtneyBrynn
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:27 PM
I'm so sorry you're feeling this way :( Just know that whatever you're feeling (emotionally) is normal for you! Try to breathe and know it won't always be like this.

I don't know if you're spiritual but maybe there is a scripture, or encouraging quote or lyrics from a song you could memorize and repeat to yourself when it gets intense?
Sagemm
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this
With past issues or not pregnancy for most is not easy! Having so much fear on top of everything changing will make things worse. I have not miscarried but I am currently pregnant (almost 10 weeks) and have had two ER visits and doctor visits than I ever have before. At one ER visit I was told I was having a miscarriage... I was not. I analyze EVERYTHING! Overall I believe it's all in gods hands. I know it doesn't make it much easier but no matter what I worry about or do I can't not change what happens. Please try not to worry so much because the stress is not good for your baby. Good luck!
September2013
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Well ur pregnant.. I think bc ur thinking about it is what's making things feel worse.. Relax,.try not to stress about it.
LuvNmyGrl
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:49 PM
I'm measuring 2w behind my lmp due date so that's usually not a great sign so I'm just dealing a day at a time. But I was seen @4w according to lmp I should of been 6w and only saw a sac went back every week until 6w ( new due date) and saw a baby with hb. But we will see

Quoting sjenkins8208:

Quoting LuvNmyGrl:

I'm sorry and fx with this one. I hope to make it that far at least! I'm hoping my OB will let me come in closer to 7wks instead of 8 wks.

FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Try to relax! Lots of women lack symptoms at first. You can get headaches from not staying hydrated, so drink lots of water. If you are still having headaches, half a can of coke can work wonders. If you feel nauseated, try eating a pickle. They're not just for cravings! Also, my doc ok'd deli meats, so go ahead and have your turkey sandwiches! Try eating 6 small meals a day to try to curb your crankiness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN