Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Spinal headache after c section

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:26 AM
  • 5 Replies
I had my c/section Thursday and Starting I think Saturday I have been having the worst headaches. I can't even get out of bed bc the only relief I get is when I lay down flat. They think it's a spinal headache. They said it should go away but I am so miserable. They said I could do a blood patch, where they put your blood in your spine, but it's very painful and may not help and could make it worse. Anyone have any expierence w this?
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Ladysigma07
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Yes, this happened to me in October after I had my son.. Mine was so severe that I couldn't stand, speak, or hold me baby. It only stopped if I was laying flat on my back. After 24h it didn't go away so they did a blood patch. The patch does hurt. Its like another spinal. They took the blood from my hand put it in my spine and as they were doing it the pain went away instantly. After that I had to lay flat on my back for 2h

Since then, every now and then I get sharp pains in my back but otherwise I'm ok. I hope everything goes well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:36 AM
I had my fourth child 11 weeks ago and he was my only csection. Shortly after getting home I had the worst headaches. So I researched it. Its more likely hormonal. Mine lasted 2 weeks on and off. I just took pain relievers and drank a lot of water!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:41 AM
I'be had 2 spinals and no side effects. Here's a bump!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:33 AM
At least attempt the blood patch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AviannasMama
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:35 PM
I can barely even make it to the bathroom. That's how bad it is. I can barely sit up to pump for 15 minutes. I'm just worried that the blood patch Wont work or if it's not really a spinal headache. It is not getting better and today is day 5. It actually seems to be getting worse. I think I may try the blood patch. I'm going to call the dr. Thanks for the responses
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN