Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Having a whiny and stupid moment today

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:19 AM
  • 13 Replies

So I dont know if this is in my brain or I just want a little girl so bad I have punked myself out. I go around 3weeks for my 20wk u/s. An all I do is look at lttle girl things and dont even get as interested in boys. The reason is for this is the dad believes and I believe on how much my symptoms are so totally different from my boys, we think its a girl. Well he believes in his heart its a girl. My neighbor found out last month she was having a girl. I am so happy for her. We talk about some of the things I make for little girl's she would like to have and I say that I am excited to see if this one is what we both believe it is(GIRL).

This morning I was in bliss asleep... when my phone goes off from a text message. The girl I have kept my distance with is having another girl. So I woke up saying here we go again. Cause I know how she can be..... And my mind starts to wonder with emotion. The two people I know is having a girl, now watch me have another boy. I will be really hurt if I do but I cant change it. I feel so wrong as a person and a mother. And now I am wondering if I have seriously punked myself out. With all these dreams of the baby being a girl, even at toddler size. With the boys I had dreams of boys through my whole pregnancy. It has gooten so bad that I dreamed of the u/s tech asking us to write done how we want to find out. I am going crazy..

Any advice would be nice

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsLondon
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol well I'd really love a boy. I have 2 girls now. My symptoms are totally different then my girl pregnancies right now and my hubby swears it's a boy. I really hope so. So no advice here lol

Clemency3
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:40 PM
2 moms liked this

Relax is my advice! As much as you might want a girl..I can promise you girls are SOOO much HARDER than boys. My son is 8 and has Autism Spectrum Disorder along with ADHD. He is easier than my daughter. Her moods, personality and all started around 2 and I try every day to have patience. I am hoping that this third one is a boy. I totally understand why you want a girl and I think that it is natural for women to want girls so there really is no advice at this point for you other than to just calm down and relax! 

Many people put trust in the chinese gender predictors that you can google...try that.maybe that will ease your mind and certainly keep you in my prayers and hope that it turns out how you want it!

smyeary
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I say you got your hands full. My brother, 28, has autism and I helped my mom with him. He was a handful for me at 12. So I can imagine you are worn out by the end of the day with him and the girl. Thank you for the advice. Everything I did from quizzes to Chinese gender says girl. My neighbor says it's a girl. Maybe they will be right. Because I don't feel boy

Quoting Clemency3:

Relax is my advice! As much as you might want a girl..I can promise you girls are SOOO much HARDER than boys. My son is 8 and has Autism Spectrum Disorder along with ADHD. He is easier than my daughter. Her moods, personality and all started around 2 and I try every day to have patience. I am hoping that this third one is a boy. I totally understand why you want a girl and I think that it is natural for women to want girls so there really is no advice at this point for you other than to just calm down and relax! 

Many people put trust in the chinese gender predictors that you can google...try that.maybe that will ease your mind and certainly keep you in my prayers and hope that it turns out how you want it!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
connorsmama06
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I know how you feel we ad two boys at the time, we wanted a girl so bad. I prayed so hard for her. I just knew God was going to give me her. Everyone thought it was another boy. Well I was right she was a girl. Now she is one and my best friend. My Boys are my babies. I hope you get a girl.

Clemency3
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Because my son doesn't have "Classic" autism I guess it makes it easier for me. Honestly, I am in school for psychology and am "BIG" on mental disorders so Autism is something I have been researching for years. When my son was born I knew something was different about him. He really can have his "moments" but over all isn't hard to handle at all because once you understand your child fully he or she becomes easier. My daughter is 5 and "normal" in comparison to mental health and I have yet to figure her out some times lol. 

Quoting smyeary:

I say you got your hands full. My brother, 28, has autism and I helped my mom with him. He was a handful for me at 12. So I can imagine you are worn out by the end of the day with him and the girl. Thank you for the advice. Everything I did from quizzes to Chinese gender says girl. My neighbor says it's a girl. Maybe they will be right. Because I don't feel boy

Quoting Clemency3:

brittany208
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:08 PM

take a deep breath!!! I REALLY wanted a girl too.... I'm having a boy. It's okay. Either you'll have a girl and you'll be super happy, or you'll get a baby.... and you'll still be happy. And a few years from now, you'll look back and think you'd never have it any other way...

Lsilvamom
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:20 PM

I'm in the same boat as you. I have three boys and Am 11 weeks with my fourth. This one feels different than myboys  but I just tell myself that has to be another boy because I have three already. My sister-in-law just found out she's having a girl. She had a baby shower this weekend, and got so many cute girl things. I will be devastated if its not a girl. We want one so bad, and have collected so many cute girl things.  This will be our last too. Of course we will love another boy and he will fit right in with his big brothers. I just dream about doing the mommy daughter things. My hubby says he knows its a girl and friends and family say it has to be, but I just know my luck. 

Sending pink dust your way!

Vcoskey
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Everyone said we were having a girl...but I knew this was a boy based on how completely different I felt from when I was pregnant with my daughter. Sure enough - it's a boy!

Either way, happy healthy babies are what make our hearts flutter. And trust me - with a 10.5 year old girl starting puberty - it's a LOT of drama and work! :)
SarahMommie
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Well I had three girls and then I finally am having a BOY!! I hope it happens for you!!
Alsiebelle
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:34 PM
I am 41 wks pregnant and for the first 20 weeks I had convinced myself Im having a boy. I didn't like the idea of having a girl.. once I went to my 20wk ultrasound I learned it's a girl and was a bit shocked and it put me in tears.. I felt like a bad person just for crying about it. So I felt the disappointment for a week maybe but eventually came to terms with it, because as a mother this is still my little cub. Natural instincts kicked in and after so many weeks now I am really excited to have a baby girl, name picked out and all. The tables turned for me, and I hope that you will find peace with whatever sex your baby is. Just remember, one is never better than the other.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)