Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Teen Pregnancy

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:06 PM
  • 19 Replies

Quote Like Reply to Post

I just found out I am pregnant again. My problem is telling my dad. My first baby was a home birth at my parents' home. I had a water bath birth with a midwife. My dad stayed with me the whole two days while I was in labor. I appreciated the fact that he stayed with me, but he laughed and made fun of me when I had a contraction especially a hard one. I was barely 16, weighed 110 pounds before I got pregnant and gave birth to a 9 pound baby so I had a very long hard delivery without drugs. When I screamed in pain from really bad contraction, he would laugh an say. "I'll bet you won't let a man touch you again. It's not as much fun coming out as it was going in, is it?" I know he was just trying to teach me a lesson, but I couldn't concentrate on the relaxing and breathing techniques I had learned in birthing classes. So how do I tell him I'm pregnant again?

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristinCarr
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this

just tell him, get it over with, the sooner you do it the more time he has to let it sink in and get over it, i knew my mom wouldnt be happy im pregnant with my 3rd , because im 22, i told her right away, and now im 20 weeks and she has already bought tons of stuff for the baby and is so excited, im glad i told her so soon, i just called her and told her i might be pregnant she was upset, yelled, cried, but within a few days was excepting it. 

amy31308
by Ashlee on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Well what's your situation this time? Are you living with your dad? Living with your so? Have a job? Done with school? Married? Is this a good thing or "bad" thing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bear.katten
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:25 PM
2 moms liked this
Wow.. You still havent learned about birth control and your still a teen?! He's going to be pissed!
Btw size doesnt actually factor into labor...
KristinCarr
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:43 PM
4 moms liked this

1. you dont know her situation. 

i was 17 when i got pregnant with my first, we got our own place, i had my own car, we both worked , mistake yes, i was on birth control, not even really for pregnancy but for my PCOS, when my son was 5 weeks i got pregnant again, we were still on our own , and i got to stay home instead of going back to work.... we seperated, i got my own place, finished school, and started college... at 21 i already have a 4 bedroom house i live in, a brand new car i bought last may [2012 chevy cruze, fully loaded, custom interior] my kids have more than they could ever want. now im with a wonderful man and just planned my 3rd baby, wish im 20 weeks, back to beign a stay at home mom, and im starting a full time nursing program in october. im perfectly happy with my life, i cant imagine it any better, soooooo tell me again why its so bad for her to be a teen mom? because honestly, as a teen mom of 2 i have a better life then some 30 year old moms, it doesnt matter all on the age, more the person. dont be so quick to judge

Quoting bear.katten:

Wow.. You still havent learned about birth control and your still a teen?! He's going to be pissed!

CeciliaMarie-
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Well, how old are you? I'm gonna be 20 soon and i'm 14 weeks and STILL havn't told my parents yet. Why? Because they're going through a bunch of stuff and I feel bad, like it's a burden, but i'm happy. What I'm going to do is just blurt it out on easter or something and say that it's something good:) He should just be happy that youre happy. And tell him that.

louzannalady
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:17 PM

You just tell him. Once, he starts saying something you are uncomfortable with, let him know you are uncomfortable and what he said was inappropiate. That if he is going to say things like that, again, he is not welcome around you (or your children!). Not seeing the grandkids changes a grandparent's attitude REALLY fast! 

bear.katten
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Sooo..... Your fucking a guy who has money and therefore you are the perfect example of a teen mom? BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Quoting KristinCarr:

i was 17 when i got pregnant with my first, we got our own place, i had my own car, we both worked , mistake yes, i was on birth control, not even really for pregnancy but for my PCOS, when my son was 5 weeks i got pregnant again, we were still on our own , and i got to stay home instead of going back to work.... we seperated, i got my own place, finished school, and started college... at 21 i already have a 4 bedroom house i live in, a brand new car i bought last may [2012 chevy cruze, fully loaded, custom interior] my kids have more than they could ever want. now im with a wonderful man and just planned my 3rd baby, wish im 20 weeks, back to beign a stay at home mom, and im starting a full time nursing program in october. im perfectly happy with my life, i cant imagine it any better, soooooo tell me again why its so bad for her to be a teen mom? because honestly, as a teen mom of 2 i have a better life then some 30 year old moms, it doesnt matter all on the age, more the person. dont be so quick to judge

Quoting bear.katten:

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:18 PM

How old are you now?

SarahMommie
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Did you miss where she said she's starting the nursing program in October??? Thats no easy job for a person with no children let alone a person with three. Also I was a teen mother and I started a women owned property preservation buisness at 18 I also bought my first home at 18 (4 bedroom 2 bath in a nice country town) have work truck tools and a new vehicle SO it is possible to be a GOOD teen mom! No one handed me ANYTHING i worked my ass off to be where I am today. Just like any 30 year old mother. I have 3 almost four children I am 25 and still with the dad. So go pee in someone else's Cheerios. This girl was looking for support this is a pregnancy group to help support women!!!!!!!

Quoting bear.katten:

Sooo..... Your fucking a guy who has money and therefore you are the perfect example of a teen mom? BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Quoting KristinCarr:

Quoting bear.katten:

MichaelsMom0711
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:55 PM

i think maybe ur dad was just trying to teach you a lesson but definitely did it at the wrong time and place. I could see where that would make ur birth really stressful but just the fact that he was there with you shows he is supportive and this time he might be pissed but its best to just tell him straight out and get it over with so youre not putting the stress on yourself of whether to tell him or not and when and how. How old are you now and how old is your oldest going to be when this baby arrives? Not judging just asking cuz maybe if your older this time he wont be as harsh...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN