Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What do i need for a summer baby??? and how long did your baby fit NB size?

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:12 PM
  • 6 Replies

Im due in august and never delt with a newborn in summer before... what do i need? what did you put your baby to sleep in, our room is well air conditioned so i assume cotton sleepers, did you still put onsies underneath? when you went places did you still bring a recieving blanket or a light blanket with you? 

also how long did you baby wear NB size clothes and how much did he/she weigh at birth, my other 2 were in NB for probably the first two months, preemie the first few weeks, but this one is with a new dad who was 10lbs so im preparing for a big baby just in case.  

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
RichardsMom0209
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I'm in the same boat as you. My son was born in February and this baby will be born in June. But I would say alot of onsies. And my son never fit into newborn clothes...he was 9lbs 3oz at birth.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
stepconfused182
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:53 PM

You still dress the baby warmly while inside the house if you have air conditioner. At least until baby can regulate his own body temp. My dd was born in June and it was a HOT summer. I dressed her warm in sleepers when she was home and short sleeves and shorts or onesies while outside. A blanket is not needed while outside if you're talking about 80 degree+ weather. I always had a light blanket with me though for the car ride or if we went inside anywhere. I honestly didn't take her out much the first couple months because it was so hot!

My dd weighed 7lb 14oz at birth and I remember her wearing newborn clothes for a few weeks.

brittany208
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:17 PM

My DS was 9lb 5oz so he never really wore newborn size. thankfully people didn't buy us much NB stuff anyways.

I would not put a onsie under a sleeper--one or the other is fine.

We kept DS wrapped up in a blanket the first week or so bc even 80* feels chilly to a baby that's used to body temperature. I remember him CRYING getting him in his seat for his first drs appt bc the blanket slipped off and he was cold.

SkylarBeth
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Genna is 3 weeks and stiil doesnt fit into nb stuff very well but we are almost there!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GoddessNDaRuff
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:21 PM

you dress them reasonably. So no undershirt because it's hot. I just dressed them in onesies and didn't bother dressing them up. Breathable fabrics. yes still bring receiving blankets.

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:48 PM

I have not had a summer baby.

As for NB size my first for 2 months. She was 6lbs 9oz 19". My second was 6lbs 3oz 18.5". She wore for a little over 2 months. My third was 8lbs 14oz 21.5" and she wore them for two weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN