Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Is this Chiropractor worthy???

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:09 PM
  • 7 Replies

The past couple of days I have had pain in my pubic area. Its literally feels bruised. Best I can describe is it feels in the area of the pubic bone, or pubic mound. I have had all kinds of pains and discomforts during pregnancy, many more painful then this. But this is becoming uncomfortable especially while walking. I am curious if anyone else has experienced this? And if so what if any fixes did you come across?

I swear by chiropractors! I saw one during my last pregnancy who worked wonders. But consider the location of this pain, and the fact I am still so early on (12wks) I am curious if a Chiropractor could help? Or if this is probably just one of those pregnancy discomforts to deal with! Thanks for any replies!

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
poohbearkfc
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Oh my goodness I am so sorry. It really is just a pregnant thing. With my first it started around 30 weeks with this one it started about week 6 its so horrible and the worst when sleeping on your side. The only way to ease the pain I found was to sleep on. The couch. We have a reclining one. Or a chair that reclines something like that. Also I know it sounds strange/weird but I got a 20 oz skinny bottle filled it with water and froze it. Then after it was frozen put it right where it hurts. Does help a litle. Oh and when I mentioned this to my chiropractor with my first he said nothing he could do. It does go away a fee months after you give birth.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:42 AM

I think it's worth a try. You might as well start using the chiropractor now so everything is aligned as well as possible by the end of your pregnancy.

mama2gg
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:35 AM
Yes I have it

Symphysis pubic dysfunction, or SPD, is one of those weird pregnancy conditions that sounds bizarre and well, kind of is. It means the ligaments that normally keep your pelvic bone aligned during pregnancy become too relaxed and stretchy. This, in turn, can make the pelvic joint — aka the symphysis pubis — unstable, causing some pretty strange sensations and sometimes pain.

I cant walk at all anymore everywhere I go I have to use a wheelchair and get dropped at front door and wait for dh to bring me the chair ...I don't walk at home either
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Yes I say so. Sounds like it could be SPD. I had that with all mine. With my second it was so bad I could not move a cm for 2 weeks without being in pain and crying. Lots of adjustments and found that I needed a massage to get those massages to relax and let that adjustment stick. So the rest of the pregnancy I would see the chiropractor and massage therapist every month. At the end it was a few times in two weeks. But I could move and walk with not much pain. When it started to hurt. I would get an adjustment and when I leg felt like it was giving out.

Larsbug
by Laura on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't know if it will help with that, but chiropractors are always worth it lol

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Thank you ladies!!! I had what my chiropracter called SPD with my second. It really hit around wk 20! But it wasn't just in my pubic area it was in my hips really really bad! It hurt to move, walk, roll over in bed! It was horrific, I hope that isn't what this is the start of!! Thanks again ladies, definately will be seeing a chiropracter soon!!

pacificamom
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Yep!

Quoting Larsbug:

I don't know if it will help with that, but chiropractors are always worth it lol

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)