Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Any advice on water births? Good or bad will be appreciated!!!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:53 PM
  • 21 Replies

I am only in the beginning of my pregnancy, but I am the type of person who likes to have a plan so when the time comes I am not running around looking like a chicken with my head cut off.

I was thinking of a water birth? 

Anyone thinking the same thing, or maybe already had a water birth with a previous pregnancy?

I have been reading so much on it, but I always feel hearing about someones personal experience would help me out so much better than reading all the scientific stuff. 

Anything will be helpful though? Comments? Advice?

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Exp3cting2013
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Im thinking abt doing a water birth ... at the hospital. Im hoping they let me have the baby in the water . Because i heard i might have to get out when its time to push
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Love water birthing...or even laboring in the water and giving birth on "land."  I found it was very relaxing, and when pushing out the baby, I felt a lot less down there than I had felt with my "land" births.  It was really soothing.  Now, not all labors of mine liked the water, so I say give it a chance.  And, if the water just isn't doing it for you, you can always get out of it.

But, I would highly recommend trying for one!

TTC2Long
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:58 PM
I would have LOVED to water birth, but it was too expensive and I had complications at the end that warranted an induction. Everyone I know who has has one says they'll never birth dry again.
NearSeattleMom
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I had two waterbirths.

I rented birthing tubs (they were easy to set up) and labored and gave birth in water.  I highly recommend it.  The best part of laboring in water is that you can so easily change positions and push in whatever position seems best to you.

My first labor was 43 hours (really!) and my second was only 6 hours . . . the labors were totally different in terms of intensity but the waterbirth part was excellent for both.

Mommy2Be119394
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Thankyou so much everyone!(:
Mommy2Be119394
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Quoting Exp3cting2013:

Im thinking abt doing a water birth ... at the hospital. Im hoping they let me have the baby in the water . Because i heard i might have to get out when its time to push

Hmm i never heard that. Ive watches a couple videos on water birthing and the videos i seen all the women gave birth IN the water. The baby came out under water too. So i dont think thats right but even so if you do have to get out to push Ive heard the water relieves alot of the pressure.
louzannalady
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I had a great experience! I highly recommend it! I would never birth any other way! : ) 

http://www.cafemom.com/group/117811/forums/read/17233714/My_second_sons_birth_caution_Very_rough_and_long

babylove041810
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:49 PM
I didn't have a water birth but I did labor in water with this baby and it was great. It helped ease the pain and it relaxed me a lot. I would definitely recommend doing it!
KristinCarr
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:55 PM

i was supposed to do a waterbirth with my kids, 1st i was induced so ithey wouldnt let me, and 2nd they took far too long setting up the tub, i gave in and got the epidural because they were taking so long, and i only labored 4 hours, i was already 2 hours in and they didnt have it ready yet. 

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I have tried three times. My first my midwife forgot to turn of the heater and she felt so bad. So it was to hot. My second they would not allow it at the hospital. My third was stuck on my pelvic bone. So I got out to move around and get her off. Well once I was on the couch in a upright position. She came too fast to get back in.

But I labored in water with al them and it is so relaxing. My third between the water and midwife. I was so relaxed I breathed through them like I do every day. It was amazing. I felt baby move down and the contractions were so different when I was focused and relaxed.

We are hoping to have a water birth in the near future.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN