Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

labor pls help????

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:49 PM
  • 22 Replies
I am due and my doctor says my body is ready for labor just got to get it started any ideas on how to start it I will try almost anything but that nasty oil stuff
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessica120911
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:00 PM
What I did when I.was pregnant with my son was I was only dilated to 1cm that Monday wellwell when I went home all I.did was walk up.and.downstairs around my apartment and everything 3 days later I went.into labor. Thats a good way to try. Lol. I remember people had told me.so many things to try but the main thing that worked for.me was walking, I plan on trying that with this one when.I get.closer to my due date.
kbear1992
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:05 PM
I've heard sperm helps soften the cervix haha so sex,sex,sex also heard spicy foods, pineapple, black liquorish, bouncing on a trampoline/ball/edge of bed, ummm walking miles.... This is my first baby and I'm 33 weeks but I've heard/read of all these things who knows if they work lol just start trying all of them :)
kelly617
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Warm bath and walking...that put me into labor

bbrackett
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Sperm helped me. Gave me strong contractions every time.
kayleesmom42328
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Sex! Have sex a much as you can. Lay still after dh cums inside you for 20 mins. The sperm thins the cervical lining. Don't clean up right away after sex just lay still & elevate hips to keep sperm inside. My ob & my neighbor, who is a nurse told us to do this when I had my 2 dd's. We did this in the morning the day I had dd1. I went into labor 3 hrs later. With dd2 we did it that morning & went into labor that evening. When I have ds in July we will probably do the same when dr says its time to get him moving.
Devious103102
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Walking/jogging, squats & lunges, nipple stimulation, spicy foods, sex... ummm....  that's all I can really think of right now. 

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I know so many hate to hear this. You can try everything. But if your body is not ready it will not happen. So try to find things to help pass the time. Go for some walks, sex, massage, bath, pedicure, manicure, read a good book, movies, do some medication, girls night out, lots of date night and so on.

You need to remember Dr may say you are ready, you may feel you are ready. But baby is saying I need more time Mama.

lillucky8
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:28 PM
I tried everything and nothing helped. When i gave up, took a bath, put my feet up and drank lots of water, my water broke that night
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vcoskey
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:44 PM
I'm just going to agree with your original sentiment - don't do castor oil. It gives you cramps and diarrhea - and can give baby diarrhea (meconium in waters always to be avoided). Good luck! :)
brittany208
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:50 PM

This. I tried everything when I was pregnant with my first--LOTS of walking and sex and it didnt help. just be patient. baby will come when he/she is ready

Quoting Raeann11:

I know so many hate to hear this. You can try everything. But if your body is not ready it will not happen. So try to find things to help pass the time. Go for some walks, sex, massage, bath, pedicure, manicure, read a good book, movies, do some medication, girls night out, lots of date night and so on.

You need to remember Dr may say you are ready, you may feel you are ready. But baby is saying I need more time Mama.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured