Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:48 PM
  • 102 Replies

How much weight have you ladies gained? I was underweight before I got pregnant at 82 pounds now I weight about 130 pounds. My provider is worried ill have too big of a baby. I'm supposed to watch what I eat but I'm having a hard time. I'm 26 weeks I really don't want a c section I want a vaginal birth I really want that experience. 

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EvilAsh
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Weight gain has nothing to do with how big the baby will be. I gained 60 lbs with my first and she was barely 7 lbs.

I have gained 8 lbs so far in this pregnancy and I'm almost 19 weeks. I gained 15 total with my 2nd daughter.

September2013
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:53 PM
I was under weight too, my weight was up n down to 95-100 im 14w n 5 days i weight at least 108 nw. That's just a guess, maybe way less.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Aortiz22
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:54 PM

My provider told me different. I have a friend experiencing the same problem as I am. 

Quoting EvilAsh:

Weight gain has nothing to do with how big the baby will be. I gained 60 lbs with my first and she was barely 7 lbs.

I have gained 8 lbs so far in this pregnancy and I'm almost 19 weeks. I gained 15 total with my 2nd daughter.

EvilAsh
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Well you were barely 80 lbs... that's not healthy. I'd be concerned about a normal-sized baby coming out of you if I were your doctor too. 

I have had friends gain up to 100 lbs and their babies were 7 or 8 lbs. It's not a good indicator.

Quoting Aortiz22:

My provider told me different. I have a friend experiencing the same problem as I am. 

Quoting EvilAsh:

CafeMom Tickers
Aortiz22
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:59 PM

No kidding that's why I'm not bothered by the weight I actually like it. I just want to be able to have my son vaginally I hope he's not so big that they have to do a c section. If I have to I will but I prefer to push my son out. 

Quoting EvilAsh:

Well you were barely 80 lbs... that's not healthy. I'd be concerned about a normal-sized baby coming out of you if I were your doctor too. 

I have had friends gain up to 100 lbs and their babies were 7 or 8 lbs. It's not a good indicator.

Quoting Aortiz22:

Quoting EvilAsh:

Exp3cting2013
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Same i was 114 before pregnancy and now im 143 and my doctor says the same but its hard controlling my weight
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Aortiz22
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Same here! I couldn't gain a pound before I got pregnant and now I can't keep them from piling on. How far along are you? 

Quoting Exp3cting2013:

Same i was 114 before pregnancy and now im 143 and my doctor says the same but its hard controlling my weight

MrsLondon
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:08 PM

2lbs lol I'm only 4.5 weeks though. But at this rate I will gain quite a bit of weight. Last pregnancy I gained almost 50. My normal weight is 114-115.. I'm 116 now.

coffeemom37043
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Wow, you have gained a lot. I was 100 before pregnancy, and I'm 120 now. at 31 weeks

mama2gg
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Ok first I work LnD and OB and what YOU eat has ZERO affect on the size of your baby your ob sounds stupid saying that, second women's bodies do not make babies TOO big for them unless there is health issue causing issues. I've seen 90lb women birth 9-10lb babies without epi.

I've gained 40lb I am having my baby vbac in 3 days

However you MAY have an issue with your health as you have gained a normal amount for an under weight client all ready and noy full term
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured