Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Hair not growing... at all? maybe tmi?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:02 PM
  • 9 Replies

So my hair is not growing at all. I got my hair cut about a month before I got pregnant. I am 20 weeks today and I started noticing my hair wasn't growing around 9 or 10 weeks so I have been measuring and sure enough it has not grown even a centimetre.

Also the hair on my body is not growing. I have not shaved my legs for about a week and as of today I finally have some small prickelys (about what it would be 1-2 days after you shave). I am starting to get concerned and I do not know what to do. Do I call my doctor, is there something I can take, is this happening to anyone else?

I take my prenatals regularly every morning at 8 and have been eating healthy no fast food,no soda, watching what I have been eating and drinking.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
coffeemom37043
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:07 PM

That is really strange...my hair grows like CRAZY from my prenatals. Do update if you find out why. I'd call your doctor. It doesn't sound like anything urgent, but still you probably want to know whats up.

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:20 PM

For me my hair will grow like crazy but my legs and armpits I have to shave less when pregnant. Which is fine with me. Especially my legs. It could be the way your body is reacting.

Talk to your Dr/Ob/Midwife the next time you see them and see what they say.

pacificamom
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Quoting coffeemom37043:

That is really strange...my hair grows like CRAZY from my prenatals. Do update if you find out why. I'd call your doctor. It doesn't sound like anything urgent, but still you probably want to know whats up.

CafeMom Tickers
MamaScho88
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:21 PM

My hair growth was slower when I was pregnant with my boys, I barely ever had to shave.

Larsbug
by Laura on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:53 PM

my hair didn't grow when I was pregnant with DS1, started growing after I had him. Then when I got pregnant with DS2 I kid you not, I went 8 weeks at a time without having to shave my legs or armpits...but the hair on my head grew like crazy. He just turned a year old and I can still go a couple weeks without having to shave.

16BabyMomma16
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:02 PM

The same thing is happening with me my hair before i was pregnant took years to grow anything and i thought after getting pregnant the growth pattern would change, but it hasn't. it was funny, actually just yesterday i was talking with my boyfiend asking him how hairy my armpits were, because my vision has gotten alot worse and i didn't know if i was seeing it right. it has been a month now since i have shaved anywhere on mybody and my arms are stillsmooth as if i had done it 10 mins ago and my legs and armpits are just past the prickly stage.

wonderwomanT08
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Pregnancy does weird things. I wasn't either except for my stomach. I had a furry belly!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
5tyli5hLensT
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Hmmmm...wierd, my hair grows like crazy butalso falls out like crazy :(

la_sirena22
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:44 PM

When I was pregnant with my son I never had to shave my legs or pits (maybe like once a month instead of daily) but this time around I feel like a wooly mammoth!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN