Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

since im having twin

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:51 PM
  • 7 Replies
I have to go to Loma Linda university medical center. I saw my new doctor and he says my babies are looking good and another doctor says that twin B is small and is adapting to being small. Is that a good thing? I honestly don't see a problem since there is only a 6 oz difference. They want me to try to carry the girls to at least 34 weeks which is 8 weeks from now but I honestly feel like I may have them sooner.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Good luck mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yuki_onna
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaffItUpFzbl
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Adapting to being small is a good thing. That means that Twin A may have found a way to get more nutrients, but Twin B found a way to adapt instead of withering. My twins did the same thing. They were almost a pound apart from about 4 months (pregnant) on. I had them at 32 weeks and other than having to stay in the hospital until they learned how to eat, they were perfectly healthy. Now they are 20 months old and finally caught up on weight a couple of months ago. Best of luck! 

rbailey2414
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:17 AM
I was born at loma Linda!!! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yuki_onna
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:49 AM
Well twin A was getting the more blood then twin B. Twin B always had a good heartbeat her fluids where always going up and down they were concerned about her fluids but also was saying she was really small but I have heard twins can have a weight difference and there's only 6 oz difference

Quoting LaffItUpFzbl:

Adapting to being small is a good thing. That means that Twin A may have found a way to get more nutrients, but Twin B found a way to adapt instead of withering. My twins did the same thing. They were almost a pound apart from about 4 months (pregnant) on. I had them at 32 weeks and other than having to stay in the hospital until they learned how to eat, they were perfectly healthy. Now they are 20 months old and finally caught up on weight a couple of months ago. Best of luck! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oliver92
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 6:54 AM

my friend was in hospital for weeks before birth, she started contracting and one baby was really small and the other larger, they were still premie, but they said he was taking everything and she was getting nothing basically.  they are both 1 yr now and she is still really small, he is huge, you would never know he was premie and he is a lot further ahead than she is, more movement, eats better, stands up better, speaks better, she cries a ton more too... trust your dr's and rest NOW. LOL.  while my gf was there they couldnt get her to gain any weight, she was having to eat constantly they were even giving her candy bars, when she had them and got out she was like wheeww i may never eat more than 1 meal a day for years.... how exciting mama, keep those babies in there growing as long as you are able..

yuki_onna
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:51 PM
m when they did measurements was the smaller baby ever measured a week and somany days behind the bigger baby?

Quoting LaffItUpFzbl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN