Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Diabetes?? gestational or normal??? share w me..

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:15 AM
  • 1 Replies

whether you normally are a diabetic or had gest diabetes, share your story. When did you find out, how did it change your pregnancy, what were your average numbers when checking bs. what was different and what are/were your risks.

I only ask bc now im 15 wks sat, but at last appt my dr said bloodwork showed i was probably a diabetic. they tried to tell me this last time and said i couldnt possibly have 10.3 and 9.6 babies without being a diabetic, tested me, came back normal, had to check bs 3 times/day entire pregnancy and never had any red flags.

So now, he asked me if I take meds to control my diabetes normally  and wants to start me on something, I was like holy goodness I am not diabetic, all the rest of my bloodwork was perfect... its frustrating, so now here i am checking bs again 3 times a day, what numbers are going to be high I guess it what i dont get...

I am checking at am (fasting) after lunch and after dinner.  dinner is always higher levels. its 1 hr after meals. Im already a scheduled c-section before term b/c of t cut on uterus, but want to know risks. I'm 37.

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
LaborDelivery
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:42 AM

Diabetes is a serious isssue in pregnancy.  It does not matter if it is gestational diabetes or diabetes that developed before pregnancy. The size of the baby is only one possible complication.  Therefore,  it is extremely important that you do the following:  

1. Keep all of your OB appointments

2. Be very loyal to taking your blood sugars and keep a log in a notebook that is designated for diabetes only.  Take your log with you to your OB appointments.

3. Maintain your diabetic diet

4. Take your medication

5. Ask your provider to schedule you an appointment with a diabetic educator

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN