Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Not sure what's going on?

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:55 AM
  • 20 Replies

I'm 8 days late on my period.  I've been taking tests and getting negatives well yesterday I took one and got a very faint line.  I took two different ones this morning and the line came out a little darker but still very light.  I also finally got a positive on the test I've been getting negatives on.  So my question is does this sound like a chemical pregnancy or have any of y'all been so late with your period and still get a faint line and went on to have a normal pregnancy?

Thanks!

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Si21
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Idk what a chemical pregnancy is lol but when I got pregnant and finally took a test (2 actually) they both showed reallyy faint positives. So faint that I talked myself into thinkin maybe I wasn't pregnant lol. Normal pregnancy tho. And my period was probably 2 wks or more gone before i tested
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:03 AM
I never taken early pregnancy test but my test with my son one line was a lot lighter than the other and everything turned out fine.
rbailey2414
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:05 AM

if you are late for your period, it is most likely not a chemical preganncy, as those happen before your period and you start your cycle like normal. I think you should be ok this early- just take another test or go to the doctor to confirm :)

tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:12 AM
You probably ovulated late. That's the most likely reason, though there are any number of possibilities.
ChloesMommy1988
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Thank y'all so much. I'm on my way to get a blood test now to confirm. It was just so much more obvious with my daughter.
Strawberry2008
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:51 AM

You may have ovulated later in your cycle, so it may have just taken a little longer than "usual" for your test to come up positive. I have heard that most chemical pregnancies generally occur before a person misses their period. I hope everything works out well for you!

Devious103102
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:38 AM

If you're getting positive tests then that means your pregnant. Congrats. 

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Congrats- a line means pregnant. 

Heather2001
by Heather on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:20 PM

No thing as a false positive - congrats!

Honeycombs456
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:24 PM
use digital (:
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN