Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

HYPEREMESIS PREGNANCY.... ANYONE???

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:05 AM
  • 8 Replies

Okay so this isn't my first pregnancy and its not my first Hyperemesis pregnancy either. I have one son who is six and a half years old, my second pregnancy resulted in a miscarriage at 10 weeks, and now almost 2 years later I am pregnant again, I'm terribly afraid of miscarrying again, and terribly afraid of getting sick...again. It usually sets in when i'm 6weeks and right now im 4 1/2, any advice from anyone who has had it?

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Had with all 3 pregnancies this is my 3rd pregnancy. I suggest loading up on carbs and fluids (boost drinks) I found out that even if I puke some of it still stays so my ketone levels arent as bad. Sip your fluids and don't drink them for a hour after you eat it makes it all come back up. For me it helps to eat and sleep or limit my movement after eating so I eat a lot in bed.
edwrdsgurl
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:25 AM

I get so sick that with my last pregnancy I lost 26lbs in 7days, no joke. I just about lived in the hospital, but I desperatley want more kids, and have the fight in me to try and push through it all, but I dont want to have to, lol.

Quoting DACIA79:

Had with all 3 pregnancies this is my 3rd pregnancy. I suggest loading up on carbs and fluids (boost drinks) I found out that even if I puke some of it still stays so my ketone levels arent as bad. Sip your fluids and don't drink them for a hour after you eat it makes it all come back up. For me it helps to eat and sleep or limit my movement after eating so I eat a lot in bed.

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:33 AM
Quoting edwrdsgurl:

Im down 26 pounds to but over a 3 month period. Bananas helped a lot if you can't eat your food then drink smoothies, cream soups eat toast which possible etc. Have you tried Zofran pills or pump or Phegaren rectal ?
maybe80
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:48 AM
Girl...... I'm 25 weeks, due July 8 and I lost 25lbs. Dr said by wk 22 I needed to gain or it was hospital for me. I had to leave my job, I spent all winter in the dark. I couldn't even cry because my head hurt so much. Migraines and vomiting, dehydration... I even had a huge ovarian cyst burst at 10wks. Oh my goshhhhhhhhh.

This has been the worst 6mo of my life! I kept my son home from school for 3days this past quarter to care for me. It was either he go to school and I go to ER or my sweet good kid be my nurse. He is in my debts! DH had to go to work bc he's the boss.

Zofran, gatorade, citurcel for digestion, PB&J sandwiches, bananas... some pepsi or coke to help with headaches (not a lot)... Tylenol, half tablets of benadryl every 4 or 6hrs as needed for nausea. And so much water and the nicest tums you can get your hands on.

I also washed my bedsheets and blankets every Wed & Sunday and had my DH make the bed for me. That simple luxury made my days! Felt so nice and I lookd forward to it. Zzzzzz

Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:20 AM
I only had it with one of my 3 kids.
MariaGentle
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:44 PM
I had it this pregnancy. I was on the iv for two weeks straight. The only thing that would help with zophran push through the iv. I already talked to my doctor.... If I get it again next pregnancy, I am going straight to the PICC line.
Momof2almost
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:48 PM
I had it severely with my first and after I had him it went away. I got pregnant with my 2nd and did not have a single bout of nausea/vomiting BUT I ended up getting pre-eclampsia. Its not a guarantee that you will get it again. Good luck to you! :-)
DKk0531
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:44 AM
I had it with my first and was never actually treated untill the very end because me being my first thought it was just regular pregnancy and the dr i had was a total idiot, i hope he lost his license. I was just diagnosed with it last week with the second one and been on five different meds with nothing working. My dr today prescribed one "that isnt fda appproved yet" and i just cant bring myself to try it...i will deal with all this again before trying something not approved by fda standards...so now i feel like crap and gonna continue on phenegran and hope it works. Good luck to you :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)