Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Irish twins anyone?

Posted by   + Show Post

My son is 4 months old and I just realized my period was like a month late... turns out I conceived when DS was only 2 months and I'm about 7 1/2 weeks along. Approximately due November 13th, just 11 days before DS birthday. I'm very upset, and hoping I can find some other Mommas that are in the same situation or also have Irish twins.

I just realized that this is a feat. post, cool beans!

I wanted to take the time to thank you all for your kind words :) I truly appreciate it. It's been almost a week now since I found out and it's getting easier and easier to swallow, lol. I don't think I'm at the "excited" part yet, but I'm certainly getting there. This baby will be well loved and well taken care of, just like my other two. So thank you all so much, and I"m sorry if I can't get back to each and every one of you. But I'm pretty exhausted and only have a little bit of time here and there to check in, lol.

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Replies (311-319):
HisB0107
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:04 PM

You're one strong Momma! Go you! :) You're inspirational!

Quoting livingrlovesong:

My son and my youngest step son are 7 months apart. They are very close. It was a little hectic getting used to. But we are glad they are so close.

Well I guess I will add, our oldest 2 are both 5, my DD is 6 months older than SS.

Our middle two are 3, 5 days apart

And youngest 2 are 7 months apart. And we are pregnant with our 7th.

That makes 7 kids under 6. Youll be fine ;-)

HisB0107
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks, you're the second person to suggest it, so I supose I should mosey on over there :)

Quoting kspear0120:

yea definitley sounds like a question for the breastfeeding roup. I have been asking tons of questions there and they are incredibly helpful. It is an open group so you can join.
Quoting HisB0107:

From what I've read, it's because breastmilk taste changes when you become pregnant. By the 4 month of pregnancy, the supply drops dramatically and usually by about 7 months it turns back to colostrum. I don't think he's getting enough to fill him for the night. He's also nursing more during the day, so I think he's getting frustrated with my supply dropping. Which makes me feel guilty for being pregnant, because I don't want to deprive him of breastmilk (especially when we have such a great nursing relationship) just because I'm pregnant. :( I've called WIC to see if I can talk to somebody, get advise, about helping out his nursing sessions, or if we should suppliment a feeding a night with formula, though I can't get him to take a bottle of breastmilk, let alone a pacifier.

Quoting kspear0120:

yea it sounds like that the biggest thing is figuring out the baby's schedule (and I know some babies just don't have one). Nursing didn't go well for our 3 so maybe thats a question for the breastfeeding group as to why he is suddenly waking up more and not napping as well?

Quoting HisB0107:

Thanks so much! :) I know about the older one asking questions while puking, lol. My DD was very curious as to why I was "Making soup" in the toilet when I was pregnant with DS, lol. I was very lucky with him though, barely any puking and the nausea only lasted a couple weeks and was certainly bareable when I had it as long as I forced myself to eat.

My husband and I have recently had an "understanding" so things have become much less tense and much easier around the house. He's been so very helpful and I've been making sure that he knows that I appreciate it. The only one thing he ever asks for is for dinner to be ready or in the making when he gets home from work, because he's always starving when he gets home. So long as I keep up my end of the bargain up, he will as well by helping me with whatever I ask him to help with. Which is typically what you were talking about, laundry, putting dishes away or loading the dishwasher, picking up toys, etc. He actually just recently fixed our washer, so now he's not carrying all of our laundry back and forth to the laundromat and then bringing it home wet and heavy to dry. He's also taken over cleaning out the cat box, though I do find tha ti have to remind him that if you clean it out more often, you're less likely having to empty the entire thing every few days, lol. He's pretty excited for the new baby. He was the first to say that having our DS completed our family and felt as though 2 was enough. But I think my "not so exciting" attitude towards the pregnancy and whatnot, is putting a damper on his good spirits. I need to start working on that.

As for routines...I'm trying, but with my milk supply changing (as well as the taste I assume) DS isn't sleeping through the night anymore. Maybe a 5 hour stretch. Before I found out I was pregnant, a couple weeks before is when he started staying up later and waking more often. I just though it was a growth spurt, but it's not. So he is napping 30 minutes here and there randomly through out the day. DD (3 1/2) doesn't take naps but she gets quiet time... sometimes its more work than it's worth though. She'll come out of her room and give me an attitude every 5 minutes. But we're working on it and she's getting much better. I think it'll help out a lot when she turns 4 this summer and will be going to a "More at 4" program, like pre-school. So it'll just be me and DS at home and by then I'll be heavily pregnant, so it'll be quite helpful.

Quoting kspear0120:

Anytime :) Also if your hubby is super helpful it will make your life much easier as well than someone who is battling a husband who does not want another child or who is not involved with his children. My husband does as much as he can esp when pregnant including carrying laundry, doing dishes, or just taking the kids off and entertaining them for a while while I rest or get something done at the house. Being pregnant while raising a child is exhausting but again doable. Esp if you have nausea. Try hard to find something that helps resolve it but there will be days that you will be puking and possibly your oldest will be beside you asking questions haha. (not funny then but kinda is looking back bc ive been there) Also if the kids you have now are on a set nap schedule then possibly you can take a nap with them if you plan the rest of your day around it where you do not have to take that time to do other things. Or if they are not on a nap schedule where they nap at the same time that is something to strive for. It may mean eating a bit quicker so you can start on dishes while the kids are finishing lunch that way when you lay down the kitchen is already clean. Just little things like that. Also figuring out when a good bed time is that way YOU get the amount of sleep that is neccessary to remain healthy in your pregnancy (and sanity) We lay ours down at about 8 which means dinner at 5:30 and that gives me 2 hrs to do what I need to do or spend time with the hubby before my own bed time at 10 since I have to wake up at 6am. It took some time and adjusting to figure all that out but the end is very rewarding! Controlling the things you can control that way you will have less on your plate when the unexpected or uncontrollable happens. If you want to message me I can send you a link to a blog I am following as well. It has lots of neat tips :)

Quoting HisB0107:

I like how you put it all together, thank you. I know that my husband's attitude, as well as mine, towards the pregnancy and baby #3 has a huge part in how things will pan out. I think it's just such a shocker right now. As of now, I'm just exhausted and fighting off the nauseated feeling while trying to breastfeed and be a parent to my 3 1/2 year old. I know that with time it will get easier, just now... I'm in a bit of freak out mode. I don't think I've fully "accepted" that I"m pregnant and probably won't until I see the little bean on u/s on April 15th.

Thank you so much for your kind words and personal story :)

Quoting kspear0120:

I am currently pregnant with #4 and will be due when my oldest is just a month shy of turning 4. My oldest two are lacking two days in being irish twins and my second and third children are only 13 mths apart. I like you did not expect it to happen but here we are expecting #4 which was planned. There are very challenging days and there are very rewarding days. There will be people who will give ugly comments and others who will wish their kids had a playmate like yours will have. What matters is how you guys feel about it. We were not exactly thrillled when I found out I was expecting my second and same with my third. I worried about many things but mostly just how in the world we were gonna do it. I think God gives us the grace to be able to handle things that we never thought we could :) The best thing i have been able to find for having children close in age is having as much of a set schedule for the day as possible. Before each new baby came I tried to have a set routine for the older ones so I knew about what to expect from them while taking care of a newborn that is unpredictable. I would plan when to wake up and when to do this and that and almost literally write out as much as a schedule as I could including meal plans. It will take some time to get used to but it is very doable! Feel free to message me anytime!

BriarleeRose
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:15 PM

I couldn't care less about being welcome by you. If you are Irish, why would you perpetuate this kind of thing? I'm not going to continue arguing with a moron. My condolences to your gene pool.

Quoting HisB0107:

I wasn't asking for "outside opinions". Like you said, I didn't ASK for it to be featured, therefore I didn't ASK for your opinion. So that's how the fact that my post being featured is relevent. Look, you're entitled to how you feel, but seriously, you had to be the only one to leave a comment about it? I'm sorry that your comment on my post isn't going to get me to remove my derogatory title. Apparently, no matter what I say will "justify" the situaiton... you didn't read the entire post either, about the whole "lack of family planning"... or the fact that I was simply ONLY asking for support... I don't need anybody pushing buttons about how I titled a post for crying out loud. How is it that you feel that you need to step up and defend all the Irish exactly? How do you know that I'm not Irish... that I'm not Catholic? You don't. So mind your own business and back the eff off, K? You're no longer welcome here.

Quoting BriarleeRose:

In what way does your post being FEATURED have to do with anything? It's not like YOU featured it. I'm just pointing out something that needs to end. I can see that you will never acknowledge that your chosen term is innapropriate. This is a public forum, you chose a racist remark to title your post, I responded.

Quoting HisB0107:

Maybe since, as you can see, that this is a FEATURED post, I didn't ask for random people's comments or opinions. I posted this in the Pregnancy Group. You are the ONLY person who had to leave a negative comment on here. I, by all means, didn't purposely insult the Irish. How about instead of me looking for a different term to refer to my "lack of family planning" ... why don't YOU just be a grown up and back out of the post if you're just SO offended and hurt?

Quoting BriarleeRose:

Do tell me in what way my comment was uncalled for, please. I encounter this type of thing ALL the time. It's not okay to tell jokes about blacks, mexicans, jews, etc., but open season on the Irish all of the time. I even had to endure a supervisor scathingly refer to St. Patrick's Day as "Irish day" as she rolled her eyes. Yet we were making full plans for Cinco De Mayo (we run an afterschool program).I am supposed to completely accept this bs.

Why don't YOU find a different term to refer to your lack of family planning, hmm?

Quoting HisB0107:

I'm sorry you feel that way. But I think that your comment was very much uncalled for. 

Quoting BriarleeRose:

Fuck. Why is it that nobody has a problem making racist remarks about the Irish? For any other race it is totally taboo and politically incorrect. Makes me sick.

HisB0107
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:39 PM

And yet you felt the need to respond? Maybe because I don't care about stereotypes... maybe I'm not that uptight about moronic things said by others. Don't you worry your pretty little head about my "gene pool" I have no one, especially you, to prove my beautiful family to. Go ahead... I'll give you the last word :)

Quoting BriarleeRose:

I couldn't care less about being welcome by you. If you are Irish, why would you perpetuate this kind of thing? I'm not going to continue arguing with a moron. My condolences to your gene pool.

Quoting HisB0107:

I wasn't asking for "outside opinions". Like you said, I didn't ASK for it to be featured, therefore I didn't ASK for your opinion. So that's how the fact that my post being featured is relevent. Look, you're entitled to how you feel, but seriously, you had to be the only one to leave a comment about it? I'm sorry that your comment on my post isn't going to get me to remove my derogatory title. Apparently, no matter what I say will "justify" the situaiton... you didn't read the entire post either, about the whole "lack of family planning"... or the fact that I was simply ONLY asking for support... I don't need anybody pushing buttons about how I titled a post for crying out loud. How is it that you feel that you need to step up and defend all the Irish exactly? How do you know that I'm not Irish... that I'm not Catholic? You don't. So mind your own business and back the eff off, K? You're no longer welcome here.

Quoting BriarleeRose:

In what way does your post being FEATURED have to do with anything? It's not like YOU featured it. I'm just pointing out something that needs to end. I can see that you will never acknowledge that your chosen term is innapropriate. This is a public forum, you chose a racist remark to title your post, I responded.

Quoting HisB0107:

Maybe since, as you can see, that this is a FEATURED post, I didn't ask for random people's comments or opinions. I posted this in the Pregnancy Group. You are the ONLY person who had to leave a negative comment on here. I, by all means, didn't purposely insult the Irish. How about instead of me looking for a different term to refer to my "lack of family planning" ... why don't YOU just be a grown up and back out of the post if you're just SO offended and hurt?

Quoting BriarleeRose:

Do tell me in what way my comment was uncalled for, please. I encounter this type of thing ALL the time. It's not okay to tell jokes about blacks, mexicans, jews, etc., but open season on the Irish all of the time. I even had to endure a supervisor scathingly refer to St. Patrick's Day as "Irish day" as she rolled her eyes. Yet we were making full plans for Cinco De Mayo (we run an afterschool program).I am supposed to completely accept this bs.

Why don't YOU find a different term to refer to your lack of family planning, hmm?

Quoting HisB0107:

I'm sorry you feel that way. But I think that your comment was very much uncalled for. 

Quoting BriarleeRose:

Fuck. Why is it that nobody has a problem making racist remarks about the Irish? For any other race it is totally taboo and politically incorrect. Makes me sick.

livingrlovesong
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! Its not easy by any means. But it's well worth it.

Quoting HisB0107:

You're one strong Momma! Go you! :) You're inspirational!

Quoting livingrlovesong:

My son and my youngest step son are 7 months apart. They are very close. It was a little hectic getting used to. But we are glad they are so close.

Well I guess I will add, our oldest 2 are both 5, my DD is 6 months older than SS.

Our middle two are 3, 5 days apart

And youngest 2 are 7 months apart. And we are pregnant with our 7th.

That makes 7 kids under 6. Youll be fine ;-)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brenatens
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this
A good friend of mine had her babies 11 months apart. She planned it that way because she enjoyed being an Irish twin and having a sibling around the same age to play with. The two babies in diapers seems to be rough, but later in life it will nice!
Danielle17T
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I come from 6 I know how exciting my house always was I'm 31 I still feel strange if I'm home alone or in a quit house lol good luck to u that's amazing!

Quoting czshcecnc:

Quoting Danielle17T:

Wow ur expecting ur 14th!are they all ur bio kids? I bet ur house is always exciting!

Quoting czshcecnc:

My 11th and 12th child are 10 1/2 months apart but we are ttc right after birth. I just by chance got pregnant quickly.  They are so close to each other. The pregnancy was great and they get along great. You always have an adjustment bringing home a newborn for the first couple of weeks but other than that it was great. I'm now expecting my 14th child but the spacing is 18 months because of losses in between.

yes, I have given birth to all of them.lol. Yes, my house is very exciting.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
czshcecnc
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Quoting Danielle17T:

I come from 6 I know how exciting my house always was I'm 31 I still feel strange if I'm home alone or in a quit house lol good luck to u that's amazing!

Quoting czshcecnc:

Quoting Danielle17T:

Wow ur expecting ur 14th!are they all ur bio kids? I bet ur house is always exciting!

Quoting czshcecnc:

My 11th and 12th child are 10 1/2 months apart but we are ttc right after birth. I just by chance got pregnant quickly.  They are so close to each other. The pregnancy was great and they get along great. You always have an adjustment bringing home a newborn for the first couple of weeks but other than that it was great. I'm now expecting my 14th child but the spacing is 18 months because of losses in between.

yes, I have given birth to all of them.lol. Yes, my house is very exciting.

Thank you! My teenagers don't like to be home alone because they don't like how quiet it is.lol.

cheyenne30
by New Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:33 AM
All 3 of mine are Irish Twins! My oldest DD was born 8/24/06, my son was born 7/30/07 and my youngest DD was born 7/14/08. My 2 oldest are the same age for almost a month and then my youngest and my son are the same age for 2 weeks. Wouldn't have it any other way !
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured