Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Preterm labor scare...please read!

Okay so last night I was with my husband, my aunt and her daughter who I am very close and we were a hanging out and it was about midnight and for a couple of hours I had been having bad Braxton hicks that were painful and starting to radiate towards my back. I wasn't reay thinking nothing of because I had been feeling that way the day before. But my aunt decided I needed o be taken to L&D where sure enough found out I was having real contractions that were 4 minutes apart. So she gave me a shot to stop the labor and then a pill that was supposed to also aid in stopping it. Well even after we left I was still having the same pains if not worse. I was in a lot of pain right before I fell asleep. Well I woke up this morning to go pee and after I did I laid down and starting having these mind blowing painful terrible cramps that wouldn't let up they were so bad that I couldn't move, or yell to wake up my husband to help me, it lasted a while and then eventually stopped and I went back to sleep. All day I have been having contraction like pains and extremely nauseous. My question is is how good does the shot and pill work to stop labor? Anyone else had this problem?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Replies (21-22):
eykelley
by Liz on Mar. 31, 2013 at 1:38 AM
I would go back. If thwy dont put u on bedrest do it anyway.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
blessedbyGod141
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Go back and don't leave until they are completely stopped! I Am in preterm labor, I'm 25 weeks. I'm on strict bed rest, a shot once a week, and a pill.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)