Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I'm worried about being too small to deliver naturally?

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:06 AM
  • 38 Replies

I've talked to my doctor about this and she said you really can't tell until it comes time to give birth.

I was 100lb pre pregnancy. I'm 32 weeks and 120lb. I'm very slender. My hips are tiny. I'm worried that she will be too big to fit through and I'll have to have a C-Section, which I REALLY don't want =[

Has anyone else been really small before pregnancy and still delievered naturally?

by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
styler7
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this
My closest friend is 4ft 9in, 90lbs. She delivered all of her children just fine.
Bodies can do amazing things :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
The chances of you being too small are exteemely extremely small. I was 108 with my first pre pregnancy and he came out in 2 pushes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I was 5 ft 2 and 105 pounds and I was able to push both out kids without a problem. If you have a large baby you may need a c section but that's not always the case.

Good luck.
RhondaVeggie
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:25 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm 5'2" and I pushed out a ten pound baby in ten minutes after a four hour labor. Think small and mighty like Yoda ;-)
tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:55 AM
I had extremely narrow hips before having my babies. My last was over 9 lbs and I had no problem.
LuvNmyGrl
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Don't worry about that, I was small too and pushed both kids out in 10 mins and less. With no tearing it episiotomy! You body makes adjustments especially during labor and the last few weeks if pregnancy.
JadeTigr7
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:08 AM
4 moms liked this

Before I had my first I was 94lbs, I'm 5ft and I wore size 0.

I've had a 9lbs 5oz baby, just fine.

You'll be fine. 

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:53 AM
I think you'll be ok. Think about it though, you stretch and baby's head is soft at birth to fit. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiffani_qt2001
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Yeah, I am really small (5ft 95lbs prepregnancy) and I delivered my daughter at 42weeks and she was 8lbs. It was a tough delivery but I didn't need a c-section!

halinichols
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:19 PM
2 moms liked this
No woman is ever too small. God made us as baby bearing women. I was 97 lbs pre pregnancy with both mu kids. Gained 33 lbs with each and delivered very perfectly. One was even 8 lbs 5 oz at birth! Your fine.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)