Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Drinking While pregnant

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:12 PM
  • 19 Replies

I have a question if you dranked alcohol can it cause bleeding? Can it cause you to bleed the next day? and give you pains in your belly and back or other stuff.

(THIS ISN'T FOR ME... NOO I HAVEN'T BEEN DRINKING)

by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
november117
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:25 PM
How far along are you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nicole2884
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this
SMH
firsttimer612
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:27 PM
How much did you drink and how far along are you?
LizzieAnnesMom
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:27 PM
How far along and how much? Did you know you were pregnant?
SRUsarahSC
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:28 PM

current research shows around 2 oz of wine (or 4, I forget) is OK but I wouldn't risk it,  why not just wait until after the baby is born?

HLmom89
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:30 PM
I heard you can have 1 small glass of wine during pregnancy but i have never done it as i dont want to risk anything. And i am now 16weeks(will be on monday with baby number 3)
When i was pregnant before i knew i was pregnant with my first i accidently took a sip out of husbands beer.
With my second i never drank anything

This one same thig
kman88
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Seriously!? I wouldn't know because I don't drink while I'm pregnant.

SarahMommie
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Alcohol doesn't cause bleeding. Also shouldn't give you pain. Before I knew I was preggo with my first baby I drank a few times and had no problem whatsoever. The doctor assured me many women don't know they are preggo and continue on with life as usual and casually drink and the baby is fine. My daughter is a bright healthy tall five year old:-) for the record many doctors recommend woman with anemia drink a 4oz glass of red wine every night. You should consult your doctor if you are bleeding and in pain it is probably due to something else.
Jessica120911
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Umm why were you drinking in the first place? But did you know you were pregnant when you drank? And how far along are you? I don't know how exactly to help considering I don't drink when I'm pregnant. Didn't do it with my first and haven't drank while being pregnant with this one and don't plan on it even if they say its.okay to have a glass of wine a day or whatever. Don't wanna take the risks... But if you're bleeding you may wanna contact your doc right away just in case.
rbailey2414
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:56 PM

She is about 15 weeks looking at her other posts.......she knows she is pregnant. Yikes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)