Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Would you/Did you get an epidural?

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:42 PM
  • 50 Replies
Did you get an epidural? Or if its your first pregnancy, would you get an epidural? I am curious as to how many women would consider getting an epidural. I was thinking of going all natural or will I regret refusing the epidural as my birth plan.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TraceyMR
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I did with my first. I feel like it contributed to my needing a c-section in the end. This time I plan to avoid one as long as possible and plan to deliver naturally, but am not completely opposed. I made it to seven cm with the aid of pitocin before the contractions became too painful to handle during the induction. That was enough but I am hoping with this baby, I go into labor on my own and can handle the pain better.

Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:48 PM

I really wanted to go all natura, but I ended up having an emergency c-section, and ever since then my back hurts so bad at times...I really wish I did get it

heathermarie23
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

No epidural x2 for me!  Pitocin made me consider it, but by then I was ready to have a baby!  I'm more scared of the epidural and the side effects than I am of labor... it's really not that bad!

Sondi7
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:56 PM

I can not get an epidural because of some health issues. I wanted to do it with out anyways so now I guess the decision has been made for me. I'm pregnant with my first.

RhondaVeggie
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:00 PM
I had one with my first and went natural with my second. I'd never have another one, they're horrible things.
jerricalynn
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:04 PM

I did get an epidural with DD and i dont feel like this time i need it!

_Mastro_
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Congratulations and I hope all goes well! :) I might go all natural as well :)

Quoting Sondi7:

I can not get an epidural because of some health issues. I wanted to do it with out anyways so now I guess the decision has been made for me. I'm pregnant with my first.

Heather2001
by Heather on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Nope, didn't get one with any of my three kids.

love2012
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I had one with my first and had no issues with it. Only issue was when they were sticking me with the needle. My back is out of alignment, so they had to go alittle more to the right than they usually do. They hit a nerve before going more to the right and it shot my body upright, which scared the crap out of me! But it wore off quickly and my daughter didn't seem like it affected her. I'm still debating if I want to do natural with this baby... I'm scared lol
july09baby
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:29 PM
4 moms liked this
I had a epi and it was the best thing in the world tryed to go natural.....yeah no way atleast for me i was in way to much pain it made my labor quicker easier and enjoyable ..my baby girl came out alert and happy I had not one side effect from it..will be using it again in a few weeks with my second one....just try natural first and if its to much for you ..then u can ask for an epi
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)