Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Tachycardia?!?!

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:55 PM
  • 11 Replies

Ok so I'm not one to run to the hospital for every little thing but I, not sure how big of a deal this is.mfor the last 2 days it seems as though my heart rate has been a bit fast and I'm having trouble breathing or shortness of breath is a better way to describe it. I'm not sure if this is something I Should run to the ER for or just wait until tomorrow I have a doctors appointment tomorrow anyway. Any suggestions?

by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2gg
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:08 AM
If no chest pain I wouldn't worry

A fast heart is normal in pregnancy we make twice as much blood as normally have
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Steph103
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:15 AM

My heart has been beating fast this whole pregnancy. I have been out of breath since the beginning or shortness of breath. It's normal unless you're having some sort of pain.

Ciaodarlings
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:19 AM
Without pain it's normal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
july09baby
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 5:04 AM
Agree pretty normal during pregnancy... your blood pressure could be going up as well unless the breathing gets to bad I wouldn't worry...but if your breathing gets to bad then go....
screamykittycat
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:09 AM
Normal.
When I was preggo, my resting HR was between 90-140BPM. Sometimes it would scare me.
I saw the doc twice to be safe but they assured me I was fine. As long as you're having no chest pain you'll be okay.
amy31308
by Ashlee on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:10 AM
I talked to my friend yesterday who is a labor and delivery nurse and she said if it continues I should definitely contact my doctor. She said she's seen a few women get referred to a cardiologist for it. Mine on Saturday was running 130 every time I checked it. Calling your Dr doesn't hurt anything.
Aortiz22
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:02 PM

I did, thank you I went to the hospital

Quoting amy31308:

I talked to my friend yesterday who is a labor and delivery nurse and she said if it continues I should definitely contact my doctor. She said she's seen a few women get referred to a cardiologist for it. Mine on Saturday was running 130 every time I checked it. Calling your Dr doesn't hurt anything.

amy31308
by Ashlee on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:04 PM
What did they say

Quoting Aortiz22:

I did, thank you I went to the hospital

Quoting amy31308:

kelly617
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I would go to the ER...I had tachycardia during labor and the doctors seemed very concerned about it

and the baby was having it as well...so I would go just to get checked out

BabieBeat
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Don't ever hesitate to call your health care team with any questions or concerns you may have or comments they have made that you don't understand. They are there to educate and inform you, that's their job! And always, and trust your gut...xo
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)