Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any other mom's have an OB thats not "kid-friendly"?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:35 PM
  • 23 Replies

This is my 2nd child, my dd is 3 1/2, and I really want my dd to be invovled with the pregnancy ultrasounds, but my OB has a strict NO KIDS rule(which I can't stand). Does anyone have a Dr. that has that stupid rule? How do ya'll feel about it?

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MsGrayciesMommy
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:39 PM
No it seems dumb. Most women go to an OB/GYN for pregnancy.. which results in children. lol. My dd is 2 1/2 and I usually bring her to all appointments and ultrasounds and my OB always talks to her and involves her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I know! I love my OB but i can't stand that rule. and my dd keeps asking me if she can go and I have to say no

Quoting MsGrayciesMommy:

No it seems dumb. Most women go to an OB/GYN for pregnancy.. which results in children. lol. My dd is 2 1/2 and I usually bring her to all appointments and ultrasounds and my OB always talks to her and involves her.

KittyTussand
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:45 PM

My midwives love my daughter. they let her use the equipemnt and listen to heart and talk to her as if she was a grown adult.  She loves it!!  if they try to feel baby position she helps. and they tell her where baby is.  Its so cute.

April620
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:45 PM
No that makes no sense lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma4xover
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:55 PM

yes, my old one was that way... but I just told them to get over it. I don't have child care here (we dont know anyone well enough yet) and I had no choice. I brought them anyway. They cancelled two appts on me when I got there.. but after the 3rd time of me telling them and showing up with the kids, they got it. lol

Now, my midwives don't mind at all! :)

amy31308
by Ashlee on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Yeah if I wanted my child to go I would take them anyways unless they wanted to pay for my childcare.

For the ultrasound I'd take her and make sure your husband or someone else was with her so if she started getting antsy they could take her out of the room.

Sorry no doctor that I'm paying will tell me if I'm allowed to bring my child or not.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pacificamom
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:56 PM

no way--I have too many kids for that lol

EvilAsh
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:57 PM

My office has a rule that they can't come in for the anatomy part of the ultrasound, but then they let anyone in to just see the baby and find out the gender, stuff like that.  I can understand what they do because it must be hard to concentrate with little ones around.

123MomAmy
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Not me, but if I did have an OB like that I would switch! Your daughter should get to experience things too :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jenbah81
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I would be in trouble if mine wasn't kid friendly. My kids have always gone with me to all of my appts with all pregnancies. That's crazy! My doctor loves my kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured