Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Baby shower or something fun... for myself?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:16 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hi ladies,

I am looking for ideas or suggestions... I am 30 weeks with my 5th child and we live away from our families. I have a few friends here but none that seem interested in doing anything for baby, like a shower or a Mother's Blessing or anything. I didn't have anything for my 4th either, but I am feeling like it might be fun to get some of my friends together for a nice lunch or something before baby comes. I don't have to get gifts and stuff, but I am feeling a little bit lonely lately...

Any ideas on whether or not that is tacky to plan something like this? Or what to even consider planning? TIA

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
4evamami
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I say go for it why not. Have a little get together.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I wouldnt plan anything for myself. I would instead get a good prenatal massage or a pedicure!

pacificamom
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Quoting 4evamami:

I say go for it why not. Have a little get together.

CafeMom Tickers
Larsbug
by Laura on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:24 PM

ask your friends if they want to do a girls day with you...manis, pedis, lunch...I think they would be up for it and it would be fun and relaxing for you

ittyprincess604
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:46 PM
We're gonna have what we call an "eviction party". Our closet friends and family, a little party, some food, drinks, music. No presents necessary but a chance to get together before baby comes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
3kidz123
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:50 PM

LOL, I love it!

Quoting ittyprincess604:

We're gonna have what we call an "eviction party". Our closet friends and family, a little party, some food, drinks, music. No presents necessary but a chance to get together before baby comes.

momto1ryen
by Lindsey on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I agree. If your just looking for some girl time and fun convo then I think this is a great idea!

Quoting Larsbug:

ask your friends if they want to do a girls day with you...manis, pedis, lunch...I think they would be up for it and it would be fun and relaxing for you

Larsbug
by Laura on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:55 PM

lol I always called it eviction day too!

Quoting ittyprincess604:

NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:36 PM
You can invite friends over any time you want if you are lonely. It doesn't have to have anything to do with a baby
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)