Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Braxton Hicks Contractions

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:37 PM
  • 7 Replies

When did yours start?

What did they feel like?

I am 33 weeks and I think mine are starting. Not really pleased about this, since I was hoping I would go overdue...

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Braxton Hicks don't mean anything about when baby will come. I started noticing them around 28 weeks with my first and he was born 40w2d. I had them at my 20 week ultrasound with my second and she was born 39w2d. 

brittany208
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I figured as much... but they are still a sign that the end is near! lol. I'd like to think I have a ways left to go!

Quoting Pandapanda:

Braxton Hicks don't mean anything about when baby will come. I started noticing them around 28 weeks with my first and he was born 40w2d. I had them at my 20 week ultrasound with my second and she was born 39w2d. 

TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Not really. :) Mine started at 18 weeks with this pregnancy and around 22 weeks with ds1. I delivered ds1 at 38 weeks and ds2 at 37. They are a good thing, though!

Quoting brittany208: I figured as much... but they are still a sign that the end is near! lol. I'd like to think I have a ways left to go!

Quoting Pandapanda:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KittyTussand
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:26 PM

mine started around 28 weeks.  about one or two aday.  now at 33 1/2 weeks i get about 4 a day. and there starting to get stronger.  not painful but just a tighthing of my belly. kinda make me catch my breath for a second.  

kbear1992
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:49 PM
This is my first baby and I think I felt my first one about 25 ish weeks? I did ALOT of walking in the beginning of my pregnancy, now that I'm 34 weeks I feel them all the time. I've gone into l&d a couple times because I don't know if they are real or not lol (like I said this is my first) but I get sent home lol I want to meet my little boy though I can't wait!! :) he's head down between my pelvis already and is all ready to go :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Becky.Mom.of.2
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:51 PM
I can't remember with this last baby....sometime between 20-25 weeks. I had them often. I still went to 40 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MMerrill
by Melissa on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I started having them around 26/27 weeks.  It doesn't mean you will be having the baby any time soon.

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured