Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Nursing pillows? Input please!

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:34 PM
  • 31 Replies

I'm planning to breastfeed this baby and i'm looking at nursing pillows. I had one that I used with my last baby that I put on top of a pillow and it worked okay, it was just way too soft. It got peed on so i'm searching for a new one. So far i've come across these and I'm looking for input/experience. I have a lot of back problems due to large breasts and struggled getting my dd into position to nurse without hunching over and leaning down to her (i've always had bad posture, too). A good pillow is a necessity for me!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=17356096

^ Boppy has nursing pillows with a "soft side" and a "firm side" now. I'm interested in seeing if it would be enough support. Has anyone used one before?

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3951405&searchURL=false

^ This is the one I wanted to get for nursing my dd. The reviews i've seen have said it's firm enough that it doesn't sink down when baby is on it, and it should be high enough.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12123536

^ The standard boppy. Never used one either, so I'm open to hearing reviews from you ladies!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:55 PM
2 moms liked this
I've never used any of those. I like just using a regular pillow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KittyTussand
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a regular boppy. and loved it!!! Still have it from my first babe and will use again with this baby.  I do want a few extra cases though. 

MsNeene
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I have the original bobby I've bought one for all three babies :-) I LOVE them. I'm nursing my son now who is 2 weeks old and th original bobby is working great I have the one with the soft fur cover on one side and the regular cover on the bottom side. I have very large breast as well (36 H cup) and I'm only 5'2 so I know what you mean about back problems and good posture. I've found the most comfortable position for me is with 3 pillows behind me an I put bobby around me and I leave one leg out straight and bring one leg kind of like I'm sitting Indian style (I do the leg on the same side that I want to nurse on) it kind of "lifts" pillow some so I don't have to hunch over and it makes it firmer if that makes sense because its something solid under. I have used pillows under before but foun myself still hunched over but ever since I've done the leg thing it's worked great for me. I've also found that the bobby I bought for this baby does seem slightly firmer than my previous two. Good luck mama
Twisted_Halo
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Love the boppy, the best nursing pillow :)

finnbar
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:12 PM
2 moms liked this
What you need is a My Breast Friend.
Trust me!
I always thought boppies were the bomb til a friend told me about mbf.
It is firm and buckles around you so it can't get away and the baby can't slip down between you and the pillow
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
harleysmom30
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:12 PM
I loved my boppy too, it was perfect I used it with my first two and definitely plan on getting a new one for this baby.
SarahMommie
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:31 PM
I had the original boppy but it recently fell apart and they would give me a new one "free" if I paid for shipping and handleing so it wasn't worth it to me
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I used the regular boppy with my first baby. I usually had to prop it up on stuff to get it high enough since I couldn't hold up the baby and my boob since my boobs were so big. It was way better than not having a nursing pillow, but not great by any means. 

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I have an original boppy and I like it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amc103
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a regular boppy that I used with my 4 year old in 2009 and Im using it again with my 4 week old. I love it! Although, I never tried anything else, lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN