Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Do's and dont's!?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:07 AM
  • 6 Replies
I was just surfing the web I found a list of pregnancy do's and dont's, and I noticed that I have been eating a lot of stuff I shouldnt. So I'm curious to know, What things do you eat that's good for the baby and what things aren't?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kbear1992
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm 34 weeks and I eat and drink what baby wants lol and baby seems to be growing nicely according to my dr so honestly just eat what baby wants lol
Mommy2beQua
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:28 AM
Lucky you.

Quoting kbear1992:

I'm 34 weeks and I eat and drink what baby wants lol and baby seems to be growing nicely according to my dr so honestly just eat what baby wants lol

amc103
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:49 AM
1 mom liked this

there are so many "rules" these days about what you cannot consume while pregnant. I think some things in moderation are just fine. I had a cup of coffee every day from 10 weeks on in my last pregnancy. My baby boy is now 4 weeks old and sleeps better than my 4 year old did when he was born and I cut coffee out completley with his pregnancy. I gave up lunch meat with my first son and with my second I ate it all the time! LOL! FYI, my second son is FINE! :-) So is my first. 

melissaaytes
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I eat whatever I want too!!  As long as you are not gaining massive amounts of weight, everything in moderation is fine :)  I have been craving seafood and my doctor said certain things like shrimp are fine as long as its not a lot!

brittany208
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Well, no alcohol, drugs, cigarettes obviously. No medications that aren't safe for baby.

Things like raw eggs, deli meat, some kinds of fish... I would just be very mindful and not have very much. With my first, I didnt eat any of that at all. With this baby, I can't help but sneak a little taste of cookie dough once in a great while while making cookies. I've had a deli sandwich or too. just a couple sips of coffee. you just have to be mindful.

forget what else you aren't supposed to have...

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:11 PM

I eat nearly everything on the "dont eat" list. It's ridiculous what they say you shouldn't eat during pregnancy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN