• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Side Effects- Lexapro

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:21 AM
  • 4 Replies
What side effects have you experienced with taking meds while TTC and or pregnant. If low birth weight, what was the weight? Having a hard time trying to decide to stay on or quit meds. I tried to remain off, but have had a very hard low, anxious, etc...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Dswifey111
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm pregnant and I took my lexapro while TTC, but my body didn't even want it any more as soon as I got pregnant. Went off with no side effects. I'm using meditation techniques to combat my anxiety now..
And I tried to get off many times and had lots of side effects!
Momreadyfor3rd
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Why do you say, "my body didn't even want it..."

Quoting Dswifey111:

I'm pregnant and I took my lexapro while TTC, but my body didn't even want it any more as soon as I got pregnant. Went off with no side effects. I'm using meditation techniques to combat my anxiety now..

And I tried to get off many times and had lots of side effects!

krystyneh
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:59 AM
I tried it because I have major anxiety where I get hospitalized but my body rejected me taking it. I had horrible side effects while on it and my OBGYN told me to stop it immediately. I would shake while on it, sleep constantly, confused, I would forget a lot of things and just wasn't me at all. I was on it for a month and that was while ttc. I'm 15 weeks 1 day pregnant and my anxiety level has actually gone down A LOT. I'm no longer anxious and when I do get anxious it's not as bad.
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:34 PM
I've never taken it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)