Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Ok I'm having really really bad respiratory problems :(

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:32 AM
  • 14 Replies
It hurts so bad my upper back between my shoulders all the way up and half way down my back has been hurting very bad since last night I woke up at 4 this morning (after not being able to sleep til about 12 last night) and I'm having issues breathing like it feels almost like a heart attack or a panic attack that's not going away

It feels like a never ending panic attack is the best way to explain it..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma_gig
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I'm sorry you're going through that :( I would call your doctor and see if there's something she recommends to help ease it. 

kbear1992
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:40 AM
I'm 34 weeks and it feels like a really bad panic attack that's not going away :(

Quoting momma_gig:

I'm sorry you're going through that :( I would call your doctor and see if there's something she recommends to help ease it. 

harleysmom30
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:45 AM
I get something very similar to what your describing after I eat and most nights when I lay down. I assumed it was because I have high blood pressure and just try to calm myself down and relax but it doesn't always help.
momma_gig
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Whenever I have a really bad panic attack I try a warm bath or shower, drink some tea (make sure that it's pregnancy safe-- or just heat up some water and add milk and sugar or honey if you don't have tea), grab my favorite scented candle and sit with my eyes closed and breathe in the scent... Those are just a few things to maybe try. I hope it goes away for you!

Quoting kbear1992:

I'm 34 weeks and it feels like a really bad panic attack that's not going away :(

Quoting momma_gig:

kbear1992
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Sorry I totally repeated myself :/ I'm in that much pain :( I called the dr on call because the dr office isn't open just waiting for a call back... This has been happening since last night I woke up at 4 am when df left for work and haven't been able to go back to sleep :( I tried a warm bath, fresh air outside, breathing techniques, laying down, sitting up, eating... I've tried everything I've had panic attacks before that have been really bad but this has lasted for hours and there is no way it's good for my boy :(

Quoting momma_gig:

Whenever I have a really bad panic attack I try a warm bath or shower, drink some tea (make sure that it's pregnancy safe-- or just heat up some water and add milk and sugar or honey if you don't have tea), grab my favorite scented candle and sit with my eyes closed and breathe in the scent... Those are just a few things to maybe try. I hope it goes away for you!

Quoting kbear1992:

Quoting momma_gig:

momma_gig
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Oh geez :( I've never had one last more than an hour or so. I'm sorry you're in so much pain! That has to be awful! I hope you get a call back soon with some answers.

Quoting kbear1992:

Sorry I totally repeated myself :/ I'm in that much pain :( I called the dr on call because the dr office isn't open just waiting for a call back... This has been happening since last night I woke up at 4 am when df left for work and haven't been able to go back to sleep :( I tried a warm bath, fresh air outside, breathing techniques, laying down, sitting up, eating... I've tried everything I've had panic attacks before that have been really bad but this has lasted for hours and there is no way it's good for my boy :(

Quoting momma_gig:

Quoting kbear1992:

Quoting momma_gig:

kbear1992
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Same here I've never had one last more then max 30 mins, but this one has lasted all night :( that's why I'm freaking out a bit. And thank you <3 just on here to help get my mind off it for now til I get a call to do something

Quoting momma_gig:

Oh geez :( I've never had one last more than an hour or so. I'm sorry you're in so much pain! That has to be awful! I hope you get a call back soon with some answers.

Quoting kbear1992:

Quoting momma_gig:

Quoting kbear1992:

Quoting momma_gig:

momma_gig
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Google "spiderman memes" or look up "goats yelling like humans" on Youtube. I'm not in your shoes right now, so I don't know if laughter would be the best medicine or not. But they might help take your mind off of things for a bit. 

Quoting kbear1992:

Same here I've never had one last more then max 30 mins, but this one has lasted all night :( that's why I'm freaking out a bit. And thank you <3 just on here to help get my mind off it for now til I get a call to do something

Quoting momma_gig:

Quoting kbear1992:

Quoting momma_gig:

Quoting kbear1992:

Quoting momma_gig:

pregnancy

kbear1992
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Haha your too sweet I look up funny random things on YouTube all the time (mainly funny animal videos) thank you for that though :) I think laughter is always a good medicine

Quoting momma_gig:

Google "spiderman memes" or look up "goats yelling like humans" on Youtube. I'm not in your shoes right now, so I don't know if laughter would be the best medicine or not. But they might help take your mind off of things for a bit. 

Quoting kbear1992:

Quoting momma_gig:

Quoting kbear1992:

Quoting momma_gig:

Quoting kbear1992:

Quoting momma_gig:

momma_gig
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Just trying to help :) I know how scary it is to go through something and not know what the heck you're dealing with. And I love looking up funny animal videos on Youtube. Animals and babies are so random and innocent that anything they do is hilarious! Lol

Quoting kbear1992:

Haha your too sweet I look up funny random things on YouTube all the time (mainly funny animal videos) thank you for that though :) I think laughter is always a good medicine

Quoting momma_gig:

Quoting kbear1992:

Quoting momma_gig:

Quoting kbear1992:

Quoting momma_gig:

Quoting kbear1992:

Quoting momma_gig:

pregnancy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)