Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Please Help give me advice!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:25 AM
  • 15 Replies
My name is Dawna I desperately need advice. Has anyone else suffered from a miscarriage as I have? 9 months ago. I am trying to have another baby and wondering if I am ever going to get pregnant again. I tried for 8 yrs. And naturally got pregnant only to lose my baby at 8 weeks. Now I am on depression medicine called Wellbutrin. My doctor said I may have estrogen dominance and progesterone levels messed up. I guess in other words he is trying to tell me my hormones may be out of whack oh joy! I am really trying to be positive about everything I have been eating healthier and had to up my fiber intake over constipation and a hemeroid oh joy again. I have read more fiber is good for you cause you are supposed to have so much a day. I have been eating whole grains, veggies,lean meat, and fruit and drinking lots of water.I also drink 3 cups of Arizona green tea with ginseng and honey a day. I don't drink coffee now. Can someone give me tips and advice I have a little dairy in my diet. Does anyone else have hormone problems like me and trying to conceive a baby again? I really need advice and tips on this it would help to have someone write to me who has been through some of these things if not all. Is there a group anywhere on here for people who have lost their baby and are trying to conceive another. Can someone please please please give me tips advice and point me in the right direction . All thathas been getting me through some of this is praying. Can someone anyone give me helpful advice please?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma_gig
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry about your loss :( I have never had a miscarraige or actively tried to conceive, so I really can't give good advice on the matter. It does sound like you are making good changes diet wise, which should help a lot. I have heard that an all exclusive vegan diet (no meat, no dairy, no honey or any other animal bi-products) can help with fertility. I recently went vegan and can tell you I was VERY surprised to have conceived in January when we used a condom... when in the past we had used nothing and I didn't get pregnant. So I'm assuming it boosted my fertility. 

There are also medications you can be perscribed to help balance out your hormones, jump start ovulation, regulate your cylce, ect. Maybe talk to your doctor about something like that.

There is at least one TTC on here. You can look for it in the groups section on CM. Good luck :) 

feralkitten
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

i had a misscarrige in dec and am now 15 week pregnant due in sept 

BethRae
Looking to lose weight and get in shape?? Check out www.beachbodycoach.com/coachseidel
Today at 11:35 AM
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:44 AM
I've never had a miscarriage before. I'm so sorry for your loss! I have tried to get pregnant all three times I've gotten pregnant (2 1/2 yrs, 4 months, and 1 month). I've never had any medical issues keeping me from conceiving though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hungluvphuong
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry for your loss, I have go through that 2 times already. I had 2 misscarriage around 5 weeks on both, went to see my OB and she said the same things, my hormone was out of control. I also try Clomid to jump start on my hormone but didn't help. I was asking my mom about it and she told me to take herbal ( chinese medicine), after taking it for 1 months I got pregnant again and I am 7 months right now. So if in your area has a chinese medicine store go ask them about it.

LilliesValley
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I had two mc one in Sept and one in January. I'm now pregnant and due in October. Can you get off the depression meds or switch? It may take several months for your hormones to equal out. Usually they don't do much until you've been actively trying to conceive for a year or had three mc. Which sucks but that's the way it is. The more regular your food and health are the better. Maybe you could go to therapists instead of being on meds. Plus wellbutrrin always lowered my sex drive. Remember when you do get pregnant you'll be more likely to have post partum too. I'd also question being on depression meds while trying to get pregnant because usually depression meds are contra indicated during pregnancy because of birth defects. You may want to talk to an OB and pharmacist about that as well as your regular doctor.
LilliesValley
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Also there is a mc group on here that's really great and a trying to conceive group too.
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you talked to your doctor about being put on medication to help balance your hormones? There are a lot of options there. There is also a loss and miscarriage group on cafemom. 

I am really sorry you are struggling so much, and for your loss. I hope you get your rainbow baby very soon!

mypitusadoll
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry for your loss, Dawn. I will join you in prayer asking God to bless your womb with a baby soon. I want to encourage you to trust Him. 1 Peter 5:7 says: "Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you." He does!  I think this may be a good book for you right now. It is called: ""I Will Carry You: The Sacred Dance of Grief and Joy" by Angie Smith. I will send you a private message. ((Hugs and Prayers)).

brittany208
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww... :( I've never been in your situation, so I don't have any helpful advice, but just do whatever the drs say. Medical science has come a long way and I'm sure they can figure out what is going on and help you have a baby.

There is a trying to conceive group on here somewhere too. And maybe even a miscarriage group. I dont know, but you could do a search and see.

mem82
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry. *hugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)