Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

After baby # 2...

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:35 PM
  • 12 Replies

Did you have a harder time getting back in shape?

How quickly did your body bounce back?

What did you do to get your body back!?

I'm 28 weeks today with  baby # 2, and I havent put on too much weight yet (about 10lbs) but I know i still have a ways to go.... it was easy getting my body back with my first....but I'm worried it will be harder this time around...advice please!

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy_Frias
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:12 PM
I have has two full term pregnancies and birth and IM here to say it's not that hard to get back down to pre pregnancy weight . and I gained 20 pounds with my second BAby. honestly I took pole classes and danced 6 days a week and it shed the weight like crazy I went from 126 to 100 in 4 months all it is 15 mins of cardio 5 times a day pick music you like And it's more fun . This really works . And your body looks better after every BAby.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I have had three girls. My first I never got back to my same size. I was 15lbs away. After my second I did nothing and 11 days later I was before I had her. Same with my third. I never did anything differently.

Imsoinlove
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I went right back with my 1st and 2nd, like literally right after they were born.  As for this one, I believe I am going to have to actually put some effort (and excersize) into getting back into shape...

Married To Nick Since May 2, 2008

Mom To Brooklyn Since January 20, 2008 & Lexianna Since April 19, 2011

Baby #3 On The Way EDD August 31, 2013 

JadeTigr7
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I've never gone back down to pre-pregnancy size.  I've had my kids back to back, and my hips spread a lot and stayed that way after my first.

Pandapanda
by Amber on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I lost more weight after my daughter was born than I did after my son was born. 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:17 PM

I bounced back faster after my second versus my first...I even was on bedrest for two weeks after the birth too.  I didn't do really anything except I watched what I ate like a hawk.  I kept everything low on the carbs, drank a ton of water, and ate well-rounded meals.  I also found not eating between meals helped me a lot too!

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Quoting Imsoinlove:

I went right back with my 1st and 2nd, like literally right after they were born.  As for this one, I believe I am going to have to actually put some effort (and excersize) into getting back into shape...

Larsbug
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:36 PM

everyone is different  :0)

Devious103102
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Actually I probably had an easier time after #2 then all the rest. DD3, on the other hand, oy!

brittany208
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Still pregnant with my second.... But I figured it would be harder to bounce back from subsequent pregnancies so it was really important to me to be back in good shape after my first before getting pregnant again. I never did quite get down to my original weight (but I now have boobs, so I'm not complaining!!)  but I was in good shape. I'm feeling pretty optimistic, but will exercise to lose weight if needed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)