• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have I gained too much weight so far? *Edit*

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:36 PM
  • 10 Replies
Hi! Im just wondering if I have gained too much weight for how far along I am. I am 16 weeks with my third and have put on 18lbs so far! I'm scared that when it is all said and done that I will be huge! I would like to start walking maybe a mile a day, but kind of worried because I have a history of miscarriage and preterm labor. I have to start progesterone shots at 18 weeks, just like my last pregnancy. What do you all think? Thank you!

*I should have mentioned my weight beforehand. It flunctuated between 115-120. My diet isn't bad. I do not eat a lot of sweets or anything. And when I do, I try not to go overboard. My days usually consist of a bowl of cereal for breakfast, a sandwich or half a sandwich for lunch, a snack of either fruit or peanut butter crackers or granola bars, and whatever dinner is that night. I might have another snack before I go to bed. I have a hard time drinking water, so I add some crystal lite to it and that's what I drink, and an occasional soda. No more than two a day though. With both of my other girls I gained about 25lbs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aortiz22
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:40 PM

How much did you weigh befor. I wasnunderweight when I got pregnant and have put on about 50 pounds. 

Gabrielle1982
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:43 PM

I've been wondering the same thing.  This is my first and I'm 17 weeks and have put on right around 8 or 9lbs.

Mommasethi
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Hmmm.... I am not sure if that's too much. What was your weight at the start of pregnancy? Bc I think that makes a big difference too. You may want to speak with your doc about the exercise. My doc told me walking 3-5 times a week for 30-45 mins at a brisk pace. She told me to do the talking test..... If you can walk and carry on conversation at the same time then that's a good pace. However, if you're winded and can't talk or catch your breath, that's too fast. I am about 10 weeks along and I have actually lost like 2 pounds : /
MsGrayciesMommy
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:48 PM
How are you eating? That's the bigger issue, not weight. If you're eating semi healthy and not over indulging then I wouldn't worry. With that said, the average woman will gain 25-35lbs in pregnancy, most of it in the late second trimester and the third trimester. If you were over weight to begin with, then it would be less than 25lbs thruought. But like I said, how you're eating is more important. And I would most definitely start walking daily. Its actually more beneficial to your body than running and will help you later in your pregnancy and labor!:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomOfNolan
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Obviously you should consult with your doctor before starting any sort of diet or workout regimine... but I have been using this weight tracker from babycenter.com to just compare where I am according to my BMI. 

If you feel like you are snacking a lot, try to make sure you are drinking the appropriate amount of water. (Half of your body weight in ounces; 100lbs=50oz.)

Thirst and hunger are easily confused. 

http://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy-weight-gain-estimator

5tyli5hLensT
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Depends on your Starting weight. I'm 17 wks and no weight.gain sfop that worries me
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rbailey2414
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:09 PM

dont worry too much about it...every woman is different :) Just try and make healthy choices and you should be ok!

Devious103102
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:03 PM

If you're really worried about the weight then maybe start eating a more balanced diet, increase your water and slow walks are fine. Maybe start with half a mile a day, twice a day, and work your way up. 

kacfl816
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:27 PM
I am 27 weeks and have only gained 5 pounds.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:40 PM

No idea. I always turn around when I step on the scale at the drs so I don't see the number :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)