Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long will I try to conceive?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:57 PM
  • 12 Replies
Me and my husband have not used any form of protection in a year. We just recently started to actually try but what procedures do I take? It's been a year and nothing's happened. What I can I do to get pregnant and who else has gone through this? How long did it take for you?
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:05 PM
2 moms liked this

I suggest getting the book "Taking Charge of your Fertility"

Maddishea
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Thanks for the tip ill have to check that out
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly, dr's say if you've been trying for a year unsuccessfully then you need to be seen.

Devious103102
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:16 PM

If it's already been a year of not preventing then I'd take maybe another 3-6 months of using ovulation kits and temp taking to try and see when you're ovulating, if you're ovulating at all.  See how that goes for a few months and if nothing then maybe bring everything with you to a doc. 

Maddishea
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Thank you! We've been thinking about going to a doctor but wanted to give it one more shot
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I would start tracking your cycles to see when you ovulate.  Good luck!

brittany208
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

It doesnt usually take that long, I don't think, but I'm sure it can since you aren't actively trying. I agree with the other replies--get the book "taking charge of your fertility" so you can better know when you are ovulating, then try at those times.

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Yea 3-6 more months of trying using opks, charting, etc and then go get seen by a doctor. Both of you. His soldiers might not be marching or you might not be ovulating or there is some other underlying issue.

Remember you only have a 25% chance each month and that's being perfectly healthy. If you are over 30 just go ahead and go to the doctor already.
suzznolivia
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:53 PM

I tried for 2 years before getting pregnant.  Dr did tests and i was ovulationg so after 2 yrs with no baby she did a dye test (sorry, not the correct medical term) where she inserted a type of safe dye up into my vagina to see if there was a blockage anywhere (alot of times the force of this dye will knock out the blockage).. i suppose this was my case b/c she did not show any blockage but i did get pregnant about 2 mths later praise the LORD!!!!  Don't get discouraged....it is early....and there are alot of things a dr  and the Lord can do to make it happen.  best wishes to you!!!!!

Maddishea
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Thank you so much for the inspiration! This week is a very important week for me and the hubby and I'm trying to stay faithful and hopeful with little stress! If it doesn't work within the next 3-4 months I will probably go to the doctor to, keeping my fingers crossed and The Lord by my side! People like you are awesome motivators!

Quoting suzznolivia:

I tried for 2 years before getting pregnant.  Dr did tests and i was ovulationg so after 2 yrs with no baby she did a dye test (sorry, not the correct medical term) where she inserted a type of safe dye up into my vagina to see if there was a blockage anywhere (alot of times the force of this dye will knock out the blockage).. i suppose this was my case b/c she did not show any blockage but i did get pregnant about 2 mths later praise the LORD!!!!  Don't get discouraged....it is early....and there are alot of things a dr  and the Lord can do to make it happen.  best wishes to you!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)