Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like I won't know when I go into labor! Help!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:16 PM
  • 22 Replies
So a little background....last Friday night/early Saturday morning I went to L&D because I was having painful Braxton hicks which is normal for me but my aunt insisted I go. Well turns out I was having contractions and they had to stop them with a shot and a procardia pill. Im 35 weeks now. Well my obgyn said if I go into labor again she won't stop it..she will just let it happen. I feel like I will have no idea I'm in labor when I'm in labor and to go to the hospital. I know about timing the contractions but I tried that before and it's hard to even with the contraction timer on my phone. I also can't truly tell the difference between regular contractions and Braxton hicks. Any advice?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dee0886
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh trust me, when they are real contractions, you'll know
Dee0886
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Tightening BH contractions in ur uterus are one thing, but when they wrapping around from ur back and u feel like ur having awful menstural cramps all the way around, it's a very distinct feeling
norwgnwood
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Oh, you'll know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:22 PM
I remember feeling that way but I promise you will know
brittany208
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Braxton Hics ones should stop if you get up and walk around, have a glass of water, etc. Real ones don't stop.

BH ones are not regular. Real ones should get closer and closer together, til they are coming every few minutes without stopping

Pandapanda
by Amber on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:00 PM

When you're in good active labor and your water breaks.. trust me, you WILL know. 

Pandapanda
by Amber on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Also, at 35 weeks, you are likely experiencing Prodromal Labor! It will happen for weeks, up until you deliver, and when the real contractions hit, you'll know!

CarolineVm.t.b
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:08 PM
I've been feeling that for the past couple of hours!! And right now I'm sitting in a recliner with my feet up and he's putting so much pressure in my cervix and rectum it takes my breath away and I can feel his head pushing down. And when it happens I feel like I have to cross my legs and hold him in. And a low backache :(

Quoting Dee0886:

Tightening BH contractions in ur uterus are one thing, but when they wrapping around from ur back and u feel like ur having awful menstural cramps all the way around, it's a very distinct feeling

Dee0886
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:22 PM

If you're reclining, that alone will put a lot of pressure on your pelvis and lower back. You might want to change your position. I haven't been able to sit in our recliner snice about my 25th week. Being 35 weeks you're gonna feel the pressure bc he's probably dropped. Try sitting with your legs open on the edge of the recliner. That should help at least a little with the pressure, or even better on a birthing/yoga ball if you have one. But as of right now, only thing that will relieve the pressure is giving birth lol. Is this your first?

Quoting CarolineVm.t.b:

I've been feeling that for the past couple of hours!! And right now I'm sitting in a recliner with my feet up and he's putting so much pressure in my cervix and rectum it takes my breath away and I can feel his head pushing down. And when it happens I feel like I have to cross my legs and hold him in. And a low backache :(

Quoting Dee0886:

CarolineVm.t.b
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Yes it is lol I'm sitting on the edge of the recliner now with my legs spread a little lol

Quoting Dee0886:

If you're reclining, that alone will put a lot of pressure on your pelvis and lower back. You might want to change your position. I haven't been able to sit in our recliner snice about my 25th week. Being 35 weeks you're gonna feel the pressure bc he's probably dropped. Try sitting with your legs open on the edge of the recliner. That should help at least a little with the pressure, or even better on a birthing/yoga ball if you have one. But as of right now, only thing that will relieve the pressure is giving birth lol. Is this your first?

Quoting CarolineVm.t.b:

Quoting Dee0886:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)