Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How early did you start telling people?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:49 PM
  • 64 Replies

I got 2 digital BFP's today and have been getting positive FRER's for a few days now. I will be 5 weeks on Sunday. I told my best friend, my mom and my sister today. Is it too soon? I'm just so excited! My SO wants to wait til after our first ultrasound which is understandable, but I'm just way too excited.

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittany208
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:55 PM

I told friends and family at 5 weeks. I was really excited too! And knew that if, God forbid, I did have a miscarriage, I would want to tell my close friends and family and have their love and support.

I announced it on FB at about 10 weeks, after we had an ultrasound and I actually saw the baby.

It's just whatever you are comfortable with

brittany208
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:56 PM

p.s. that's a lot of tests!!! i only took one!

marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:58 PM

yeah we're not gonna announce it on facebook until I get my ultrasound on May 8... but my SO wants to tell ALL his friends and family in person and I feel like thats going to take forever haha I'm almost done telling my family and he hasnt even started.

Quoting brittany208:

I told friends and family at 5 weeks. I was really excited too! And knew that if, God forbid, I did have a miscarriage, I would want to tell my close friends and family and have their love and support.

I announced it on FB at about 10 weeks, after we had an ultrasound and I actually saw the baby.

It's just whatever you are comfortable with

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:58 PM

We waited until 13 weeks this time! Other times we've told right away!

mommytobe361
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:07 PM

I'm 6 weeks and I told my mom, auntie, and two friends I think I'm gonna wait until at least 13 weeks to tell everyone else

amy31308
by Ashlee on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:10 PM
I told the day I found out. I announced it on fb after my first blood draw came back good
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:11 PM

yeah I wanna wait that long but I know it just wont happen lol

Quoting mommytobe361:

I'm 6 weeks and I told my mom, auntie, and two friends I think I'm gonna wait until at least 13 weeks to tell everyone else

amy31308
by Ashlee on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Which was like 5 weeks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:11 PM

I get bloodwork on Friday so hopefully I can announce it soon!

Quoting amy31308:

I told the day I found out. I announced it on fb after my first blood draw came back good

kman88
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:13 PM

I told my family and a few friends the day I got my bfp, waited to announce on Facebook until after I got my first ultrasound.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)