Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Confused. Freaking Out.

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:06 PM
  • 17 Replies

ok well. im four weeks late on my period. first day of last was 2/8. well after two and a half weeks of negative tests and no period i called the dr for a blood test. after 3 days of waiting they told me it was negative with 0 hcg hormone. so i went about my life for another week. and kenny and i were talking and im like i still havnt started. so for shits and giggles with take the test this morning and its positive. well after calling the dr today. the drs nurse tells me shes pretty positive it was a false positive. i only took the one test before talking to her. she said something about ovulating 14 days after your first day blah blah blah. well here i am after 60 past first day of my last period and no period and she says im not pregnant. so i take another test at noon and its positive too. mom says shes 100% sure that i am shes an LPN. says im a total bitch, my breast hurt not like they kill be but sore, headaches, costipation, mood swings, TIRED all the time. gaining some weight, mild cramps.

Im thinking about switching to a new dr. and idk if i should tell them the complete story of what ive been through up until this point or just tell them i have two positive pregnancy test and see if they verify or not.

I have also said that i would wait another week test again and see if its positive or not.

Im completely freaking out.

Bethany

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:13 PM

What brand tests are you using? Is the line solid, or iffy?

bbmomma88
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:20 PM

first responce. its clearly what i would assume is a positive. its solid just a couple shades lighter then the control line

mem82
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I would definately change doctors. Can you maybe go to your regular family doctor for the pregnancy test?

bbmomma88
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Yes i could.

But i can also just get a new ob dr too. Im just under how i should approach this subject.

emilyelephant
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:58 PM

You should just be able to call and make an appointment with someone else. If you have medicaid you may have to call your worker and get a list of obs that are covered.

MissyMegs
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:25 PM

First response is a good home test, It usually doesn't lie, (well i haven't had a false positive).. I used that test to see if I was pregnant the few times i felt my period was late... This last time, I waited about 6wks before I took the test, and I took it cause I was having upset stomachs and when I was working out, I was gaining weight/not losing weight at all.. 

Grats if you are hun... 

DKk0531
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Hun, those lines are just as dark, if not darker then mine were lol. Get a new dr, just tell them you have two positive tests they will ask when your last period was and have you come in for a confirmation. No need to mention the other dr and the nurses being so rude about it. Just get another doc. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BethRae
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Those are for sure positive!!

Quoting bbmomma88:

first responce. its clearly what i would assume is a positive. its solid just a couple shades lighter then the control line

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:53 PM

yeah... those are positives! congrats!!

amy31308
by Ashlee on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Those are positive without a doubt. Not every woman ovulate on cd 14.

I got pregnant way late in my cycle like cd 35 was when I ovulated or something like that.

I would find a Dr who has a nurse that isn't a moron. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)