Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant and attending school?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:33 PM
  • 14 Replies
Are any of you in school?

I'm 4 weeks pregnant. It was an unplanned pregnancy but I do plan on going back to school in the fall, despite the fact that I'll be uncomfortable and huge lol.

I just want to get my schooling done ASAP
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:35 PM

We're in the same boat! I go back to school in the fall to finish my associates, I'm due December 9 and school isnt done til December 15 lol so we'll see but I do plan on it!

Nickels224
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:36 PM
You can do it. Normally your instructor will work with you.
Ajsmommy912
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Aw how exciting! I'm due December 8th lol
I haven't attended college at all since I graduated high school. So I'm really nervous!

Quoting marissabrookee:

We're in the same boat! I go back to school in the fall to finish my associates, I'm due December 9 and school isnt done til December 15 lol so we'll see but I do plan on it!

NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:40 PM
I teach at a school and manage it. I don't know why being a student would be harder.
amy31308
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:09 PM
I am in a nursing program. I'm due in September and finished in November. I plan on taking two weeks off. It's going to be super hard but I refuse to not finish. Baby will stay with my mom while I finish.
Larsbug
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:10 PM

I went to school during both my pregnancies

brittany208
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:30 PM

When I was pregnant, I took a break from school temporarily, but that was more DH's decision than mine. He wanted me to relax and not be all busy.

It is definitely possible though. When I was in school, there was a girl that finished up her semester--2 weeks AFTER she had the baby. She brought the baby to class with her :) It was an elementary ed class of all women, though, so we were all fine with it.

Nickels224
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:34 PM
I disagree being a student can be much harder than being a teacher. The money you put out for it in hopes of receiving that passing grade, studying, test, papers, research, and so forth. And this is from experience with children.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

I teach at a school and manage it. I don't know why being a student would be harder.

NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:42 PM
It may shock you but i too went to college, even earned advanced degrees with kids. Im aware of both sides. Teaching requires you to be responsible for lesson planning, continuing education, grading, as well as presenting to the class. I do all of this with 3 kids, another on the way, a house and a busy husband. It's manageable to go to school pregnant. If only i could go back to that schedule!

Quoting Nickels224:

I disagree being a student can be much harder than being a teacher. The money you put out for it in hopes of receiving that passing grade, studying, test, papers, research, and so forth. And this is from experience with children.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Nickels224
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:47 PM
It doesn't shock me I also have taught, I am in school now obtaining my PhD I am a certified teacher with three kids I've been on both sides and depending on the major it can be harder to be a student. I'm not saying being a teacher is a walk in the park but being a nursing student and pregnant is tough. I'm not saying its not doable because I have three kids about to have a fourth and did not once stop school.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

It may shock you but i too went to college, even earned advanced degrees with kids. Im aware of both sides. Teaching requires you to be responsible for lesson planning, continuing education, grading, as well as presenting to the class. I do all of this with 3 kids, another on the way, a house and a busy husband. It's manageable to go to school pregnant. If only i could go back to that schedule!

Quoting Nickels224:

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)