Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How do I know when little movement is TOO little movement???

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:07 PM
  • 10 Replies

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:09 PM

If you are 28 weeks or later and feel less than 10 movements in an hour, it's not enough. 

Larsbug
by Laura on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:51 PM

if you are 28-30 weeks then you need to be doing kick counts which should be 10 movements in an hour...if you don't feel that you need to call

NoraDun
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:02 PM

movement is movement no matter how strong, or weak! You just want to be sure your feeling some kind of movement throughout the day after 25 wks or so.

Nynnie
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Idk, I'd ask the dr. Write down how much baby moves so u can tell them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn820
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:53 AM
With my first, my OB never had me do official kick counts. Her main question was "how's the baby's movement". If you pay attention, you start to see how baby reacts to different things like walking/running errands, laying down, etc. It is when there is a significant drop in movement that its time to be concerned. If you're not yet 25 weeks, don't be overly concerned yet because your baby may not be big enough for you to feel real regular movement. Every body is different, every baby is different, every pregnancy is different. Main thing is if you're concerned, ask your doctor.
heartagram_girl
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:34 AM

I am having the same problem. 34 weeks, and he is barely moving around. Usually after breakfast he is break dancing up a storm, and now there is barely a blip on the radar. I dont do kick counts- my doc just wants to know if I feel movement throughout the day. Today however, and last night, I didnt feel nowhere near as much as I usually do. I dont know if it is from there being less room in there or not.

CafeMom Tickers
emilyelephant
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Clarifying that "10 movements in an hour" isn't 10 movements EVERY hour. You can just lay down for an hour a day and count.

Mom2five87
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I am 30 weeks and some days I barely feel anything. Other days, it's like he is doing cart wheels in there. lol.

pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:20 AM

I think it's important to just pay attention to what is normal for your baby. Maybe you really only feel baby certain times of the day, and it is normal to go several hours where you feel nothing. Your dr may give you a bunch of numbers about how many kicks you should feel in how many minutes, but nothing beats just paying attention to what you feel everyday, so that you will notice if something is different one day.

july09baby
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:01 AM
Every baby is different some more active then others some are just real relaxed somedays my baby would move 24/7 and others he quiet as a mouse so instead of me being worried all the time if he was OK I went to babies r us and bought me a heart beat monitor so I could check on him when I was worried it help me sleep Better at night I could just take it out and check on him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)