Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Freaking out in my head.

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:31 AM
  • 12 Replies
I have to say, I am thrilled to be having this baby! But now that the time to bring her home is growing close, I have a few moments everyday where I still there thinking.. and I get really freaked out. This is baby girl number two for us.

What was it like for you when you brought home baby two? My first dd will be almost 3 when baby is born. But when she was born I got incredibly lucky. She slept thru the night from day one! Hardly ever cried. She was just a super content baby! I keep thinking there's no way I can get that lucky twice.. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amy31308
by Ashlee on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Yeah I wouldn't count on getting that lucky twice lol. But it really wasn't hard at all for us. My son had just turned 2 and we just all adjusted well and dh worked as a team to be sure I got enough rest. Some nights I'd go to bed at 7-8 and get a very a good solid couple hours of sleep so I'd be more rested and he would take care of the baby and rock her and that was the only time shed go 3-4 hours without nursing. Lol. This time I'll be in the middle of my nursing program so I'm staying because I'll be going back to school after a week or two so I'm struggling how I'll juggle a newborn and 3 older kids and go to school, do home work, and sleep all while doing everything else. Ahhhhh. Iol

I'm sure you'll be fine :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsLondon
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:11 PM

No biggie for us. DD1 was 7 when we had dd2.  I was excited to bring her home. It had been a long time since I'd had a baby in the house so I was happy! DD2 will be almost 4 when this lo is born.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Bringing home baby #2 was actually really easy. Things just fell into place and it all worked out. 

momto1ryen
by Lindsey on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Same here! It was like he had always been there. I didn't feel at all like it was hard going from 1 to 2. Honestly I didn't feel like it was hard going from 2 to 3 either. You'll be fine momma. Don't psych yourself out.
Quoting Pandapanda:

Bringing home baby #2 was actually really easy. Things just fell into place and it all worked out. 

mem82
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:55 PM

It will work out! Freeze some meals and stock up on special toys or books you can give your older child to play with while you feed the younger one.

shell3m
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:30 PM

I get freaked out everytime..lol  This will be my 4th boy and I'll prabably have a moment of freak out but it does goes away.  My first son DID NOT sleep through the night, my 2nd did, my 3rd was the worst but I survived through it all and so will you hun.  It will be ok.  ((Hugs))

CafeMom Tickers
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:48 PM

I deff did NOT get lucky twice, lol. DD1 was an amazing baby and DD2 could've been that baby you give to teens to make the think twice about not using some form of birth control, LOL! GL!

tinka_pixie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:56 PM

my first, my DS, slept 1hr at a time for 9 months. That was awful rough as a single parent. but now that thats over, im expecting #2, a DD, and i hear girls sleep better (thank god). maybe you will get lucky with 2 girls who sleep great! we can only hope and pray since there isn't much that can be done to change what you get.

mmyof2armywife
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:23 AM

I got lucky with both until my son hit around 5-6 months... Ever since he's had his nights and days mixed up

pacificamom
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Not bad at all and they are exactly 2 years apart and I was bringing them to work. Dd loved him from the start and they're still besties....conspiring against me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)