Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Abnormal Prenatal PAP

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:51 PM
  • 26 Replies

I just got a call from my dr saying at my next appointment that I would be put under a microscope and they would look at my cervic because my prenatal pap showed abnormal cells. Wha e the odds that it is nothing? What are the odds it is something? I'm very concerned because I don't want anything to happen to my baby. Please help!!!

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JJJaynes
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:53 PM

BUMP!

mem82
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:54 PM

I hear that abnormal paps are very common in pregnancy. 8)

JJJaynes
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I sincerely hope so, this has me very worried!

tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Very common. I refuse to have a pap during pregnancy for this reason.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:02 PM
My came back abnormal to but no one is touching my cervix until I hit 37 weeks.

If you have a high grade of abnormal cells giving you have a high risk of cancer I would wait

Do you research and decide what's best for you

Good luck.
ame0608
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I have this too. My midwife isn't worried and I feel (relatively) fine :) No worries.

3kidz123
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Deep Breath!!!

With my first daughter i had an abnormal pap smear and my doc said I had HPV because of my one bad pap! They did a close up exam with a bright light and all that crap and everything was fine! Never had another abnormal pap smear and my doctors after that said I DON'T have HPV. 

There's a good chance your fine :)

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:09 PM

It's probably abnormal because you're pregnant. I always turn down a pap smear during pregnancy for this reason!

JJJaynes
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:08 PM

I can refuse to do a pap? Can i refuse to do the colopscopy? What is it they put in me? I don't want any foreign substances put on my cervix.. what if its bad for the baby?

tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:35 PM
You can refuse anything. Your doctor can refuse to continue your care because of it, but if he does, that's actually good news for you, because then you found out early that he's an asshole on a power trip, and you can find a better one.

Quoting JJJaynes:

I can refuse to do a pap? Can i refuse to do the colopscopy? What is it they put in me? I don't want any foreign substances put on my cervix.. what if its bad for the baby?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)