Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Here again ladies. Read my story :)

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:32 AM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have 4 children ages 10,6,4, and 10 months. I have tricare (military) insurance and I have been trying to get birth control through them for at least 5-6 months. They wanted me to come in so they could talk to me about different birth controls. Well needless to say I didnt want to go in to for counseling  so I finally got someone to give me an appointment without the counseling. I went to the dr yesterday for my IUD placement. I took a pregnancy test and it came back NEGATIVE. So they get me set up in the room. The dr comes in to talk to me and I sign all the papers. I get undressed and they start the procedure. About 10 mins into the procedure the nurse is banging on the door telling the dr to stop that they found a positive pregnancy test in the TRASH and they didnt know who it belonged to and since mine was the last one to be thrown away they thought it was mine. I am laying on the exam table with my legs spread wide open, my cooch wide open, im cramping since they are dilating my cervix to put the mirena in. They are all running around trying to figure out what to do. They wanted to cath me to get more urine to retest. I tell them its no way I am pregnant so just do what they have to and hurry up. I am beyond mad now because this is suppose to be a sterile procedure and they are all running around like a chicken with its head cut off. They finally take all the stuff out of me and feed me water to get me to pee again. About 10 mins later I pee and I wait for the results. Three people come in the room to tell me that test was positive as well. I'm beyond shocked. I didnt have any words. I had no idea there was even a chance I could be pregnant. still in denile I asked for a blood test. I got the blood test and went home to wait for the call.  I cried all the way home. When I got home I so happen to have a test so I take it. Within 15 seconds POSITIVE. They call me about an hour later and blood test was positive as well. I have no symptoms and with my other 4 I could tell I was pregnant before a test could pick it up. My youngest is 10 months. Yesterday I wasnt sure how to accept the news. I told my husband and hes beyond excited. He told his mom, dad, brother, and sisters. Then he took a picture of our 10 month old holding a paper saying im going to be a big sister and put it on facebook. He has names picked out already. I think I am only about 5 weeks. So thats how I got here :)

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
la_sirena22
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Oh wow, that is intense! Congrats!

ARMYWife624
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:40 AM

holy cow!!!!! are you getting excited?? That's crazy!! Congrats!

mem82
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:40 AM
I'm happy they stopped the procedure! I would be writing a note to someone about how they went about the whole thing!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
vabeachbaby4
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:44 AM

I am getting excited. I just thought I was done and I had planned to get my tubes tied after I graduated nursing school in June but hey a baby is a blessing. I love all my kids and we only have one boy so hopefully my son gets the brother hes been asking for :) This baby was meant to be. I'm just nervous about how I am going to handle a 17-18 month old with a newborn. My husband is in the navy and he goes back to sea duty in December so who knows when he will be deployed. I am just going to take one day at a time. 

vabeachbaby4
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:45 AM

How can I edit  my profile?

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:49 AM

What a day!  Welcome back to the group!  Just know, you will be able to handle your little ones once this one arrives.  Like you said, just take it one day at a time.  Congrats!

AidanCamsMom
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Wow that's crazy! Congrats!!!

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Exciting!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MochaBerry24
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Wow what a story!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured